• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lend-lease Bazookas

I know they didn't send that many. Only a few thousand I heard. However, some rarer weapons like MP-41, G-41, etc are already in the game, so why not bazookas or PIATS for a couple maps.

Perhaps research could be done to find out what units they were supplied to and they could be paired to the appropriate maps?

I just find the Russians are seriously hurting for AT capability compared to the Panzerfaust. Which, unfortuneatley, if historically accurate. :(

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but I thought I'd just toss it out there.

If I remember right, bazookas were only shipped early in the war for experimental use. The red army found them ineffective (this was before Tigers, Panthers, and other battlefield monstrocities) and the shipments stopped soon after. There was an article about it posted somewhere, but I can't find it now.
Basically, if bazookas are added in RO their only victims would be PzII's and III's, and the users themselves. Outside of that, you'd be stretching the bounds of historical accuracy.

Upvote 0
If the panzerschreck gets added, then the Russians should get a second AT weapon as well. How about the PTRS? As far as numbers go, I don't know how common either of these weapons were so maybe it is best leaving them excluded from the game.

Hehe you see people spamming semi auto rifles as it is. Imagine one that can destroy tanks.

Upvote 0
I like someone's idea of anti-tank mines. I mean Satchel's are fine, but they're meant for Sapers and they aren't really... clean. PTRS would be good. I realized that it would be more likely for Soviet troops to use capture German AT small arms then a bazooka.

As for AT Mines, I think you could offer the PT Soldat the choice of an AT Rifle or perhaps they could be either planted or fixed to the tank directly. I knew the Germans had a brand of AT explosives they stuck directly on to tanks to destroy.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0
443454mk3.jpg

It is a unique photo. It is not known where and when it have made.

The photo can be postwar .
There are no data on use.

1000 m1 -1942
600 m1a1 -1944

Last edited:
Upvote 0