• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

48 player clan war

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]/Continued. . .[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]So with each squad allocated a role of attack, we commenced battle for Leningrad.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Not having played this map before, the defenders already had an advantage over me. Thankfully, the squads were more than capable and they battled for each cap zone despite excellent positioning by the defenders.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The enemy tanks were awesome and dominated all the centre ground forcing all our attacks in buildings and tunnels. Every squad demanded smoke and cover and with teamwork never seen before, all teams moved effectively to the final objective.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Where our push stopped dead.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Enemy tank far side of the bridge wiped out wave-after-wave of attack, it was a nightmare and we could not get near the cap.... losing our reinforcement advantage and finally accepting defeat on the river banks.. .. Great play by our opponents.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Onto defence and we held firm. Both sides taking heavy losses and our tanks hammering their attack, it was war... pure war.....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Recognising our reinforcements were falling quicker than the fuel gauge on a F1 car, we tried to pull back and camp it out. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]It was to no avail. They knew we were retreating and were on the run, killing us slowly till once again, we had no reinforcements left.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]So, in summary – for the first time played, this was a very enjoyable but very tiring match.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Personally, it introduced me to both TWB and dfn with great results. Thank you to both of them for allowing me to be Commander.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Great night for Red Orchestra.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Everyone involved appears to be very positive and I hope that many more are scheduled soon.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you once again to TWB for the use of their server and to Milk, without his hassle, this would not have happened.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]kba[/FONT]

Upvote 0
I am thinking why exactly so many complayining about Zhitomir... first round ended near to time limit, reinforcements at zero, all points capped... for me it was nice balanced and intensive game... for me both maps have perfect game play even with this number of players.
You know him as konvict, and ronin it wasnt about getting invited its about replying to a forumpost on www.roladder.net.
have you missed irony from my post or am I missing it from yours? :)

Upvote 0
Defense on Zhitomir was intense, wery close and I enjoyed it, nevermind we lost, but when we attacked it was like in public server - coordination of teams and even inside our team was really poor:(

But Leningrad was very, very great. Cannot wait for another multi-caln match:)

Btw, thx MILK for organization and thx TWB for server:)

Upvote 0
I am thinking why exactly so many complayining about Zhitomir... first round ended near to time limit, reinforcements at zero, all points capped... for me it was nice balanced and intensive game... for me both maps have perfect game play even with this number of players.

have you missed irony from my post or am I missing it from yours? :)

Can't agree more on Zhitomir I thort It was a verygood map for the Numbers.

Leningrad, EEEWWW don't mention that, 1st half I was driving that tank like stevie wonder. I just couldn't get going. :S

Upvote 0
And so the clan players have officially digested the increased player numbers and it seems like they had tons of fun. This is the end of the "50 player pub nub" era. Everyone loves greater numbers. Even YOU!
generalizing is biggest mistake you could do :) - for me personaly 50 player servers brought me back fun on public again.

Upvote 0
My bad then.

PS. I couldn't stop myself - even ze klannerz complained about poor coordination and communication. How about getting down from that moral high ground and admitting that there's no difference between a klanner and a good, experienced pubber - save for the lack of a tag in the latter's nick. If I generalize, then so do clanners who use "pubber" as short-hand for "noob". Only those new to the game and those who fail to embrace the non-CS nature of it might be scorned for their lack of teamplay. Well, 's it. Just a thought.

Upvote 0
PS. I couldn't stop myself - even ze klannerz complained about poor coordination and communication. How about getting down from that moral high ground and admitting that there's no difference between a klanner and a good, experienced pubber - save for the lack of a tag in the latter's nick.

How do you expect people to work together when everything comes all of sudden?

Really, let's arrange a meeting that every RO forum member should be in London club X at 2100 hours local time - what will happen presuming if everyone would show up? It's total chaos of disorganisation.

But practically, same as I would complain RO sucks due it has small historical inaccuracy. It's not as realistic as they said it is. But who cares - it's just a frigging game.

I mean it. Same applies (distantly) with this clanner vs pubber idea. Sure clanners might be 'good' due the fact they co-ordinate 'beter', but atleast they do have guts and brains to do it. Not just run around randomly and fragz0r j00 with "BOOM HEADSHOT!" or sometimes try to co-ordinate with VoiP and get the exact same results as our 'generic' clanner would try to do. So what's wrong with co-ordination? Everyone keeps telling RO is about teamplay and realism. Well what is more realistic than actually have guys co-ordinating together and try to act as a 'team' as the way some people would say it?

If I generalize, then so do clanners who use "pubber" as short-hand for "noob".

You do have a point in there, but pretty often talking about some 'old' clans, they took their time to 'rise' up to that so-called high morale kingzorpwnzor area. It's not like "Hey I joined this clan now I am so mother****ing good that I can brag about it to everyone".

If someone is ignorant or arrogant - I can't help with that, but same applies with E.G. if you join the army. You think "oh god that Liutenant Hightower is just so damm mother****er that I wish he would die he is such arrogant bastard". But let's think about it - how long it took that our Liutenant Hightower got as a liutenant from the good ol' Private Hightower eh?

Only those new to the game and those who fail to embrace the non-CS nature of it might be scorned for their lack of teamplay.

What do you mean by non-CS nature? RO has same gamey issues that any other game has if we really look in deep. It just manages to cover up those damm well. I have seen people doing things that you just think "what the **** they are doing?" and sometimes I have done the same things. You do see teamwork and such bit more often than in many other games, but often it goes like this: 50% of your side is trying to co-ordinate with VoiP to achieve the same idea some clanners might while playing in the publics, while 50% just runs around mindlessly and "BOOOOOOOOOOOM HEADSHOT!"-ing.

You can't force people to act together in a game like RO. Those who are willing to do it gains a raise of a hat, but how much they differ by clanners when it comes to terms of teamwork? You might see often that there are actually people trying WILLINGLY to co-ordinate together with VoiP and those are just so great guys. But let's do the same that clanners use VoiP to co-ordinate together (or TS or ventrilo or something) - they are just some ****ers who can't do anything right. So they suck - they are noobs - good ol' veteran pubbers ftw.

Or is it not?

Upvote 0
My bad then.

PS. I couldn't stop myself - even ze klannerz complained about poor coordination and communication. How about getting down from that moral high ground and admitting that there's no difference between a klanner and a good, experienced pubber - save for the lack of a tag in the latter's nick. If I generalize, then so do clanners who use "pubber" as short-hand for "noob". Only those new to the game and those who fail to embrace the non-CS nature of it might be scorned for their lack of teamplay. Well, 's it. Just a thought.

WTF are you talking about?! There is a difference between a public player and a clan player, not in a bad way, but the fact that they play this game in two different way's, the clan players play matches with basically 8v8 everytime with TS and organised tactics, while public players go on a server and may use VOIP and arent really playing towards anything except the fact of winning a round/map.

This talk of the 'Klans' thinking they are all 'l33t' and whatever is all bull****, yes there may be a few with that view but they are a tiny minority.

From your latter two posts you clearly seem to have a poor knowledge of the game and the RO community as a whole, and have just made your self look like a complete twat in all honesty.

Upvote 0
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]The enemy tanks were awesome [/FONT]

Thank you, but we only had 1 :cool:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Enemy tank far side of the bridge wiped out wave-after-wave of attack, it was a nightmare and we could not get near the cap.... losing our reinforcement advantage and finally accepting defeat on the river banks.. .. Great play by our opponents.[/FONT]

credit to our spotters, they called out where you were massing, and we sent in HE shell and a few rounds of mg

as I said, this was the best combined arms match ive have yet played in:cool:

Upvote 0
[/font]

Thank you, but we only had 1 :cool:

credit to our spotters, they called out where you were massing, and we sent in HE shell and a few rounds of mg

as I said, this was the best combined arms match ive have yet played in:cool:

was your engine stuffed or a track? because im sure i could see black smoke coming from you guys, lol thats why at one point i thought, hmm the tank must be down, then got out of my foxhole but then 'BOOM' followed by mg fire :(. I really cant wait for the next one and would love to take part in it.

Upvote 0