• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Calling All Anzacs

DirtyRat

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Glasgow
www.outlawgamers.com
Hello everyone with the new Austrailian army featuring in the mod we are on the lookout for at least one Austrailian Voice Actor.

ausinfosheet_thumb.jpg

You don't have to be professional, but you do need to have a good solid voice, and be capable of a good range. To give you an idea of what we are looking for here is a few samples of the British voices I acted and recorded for use in Mare Nostrum:

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

Ideally the actor should be close to my studio in Reading in the UK, but if not I will need to know what kind of recording equipment you can access, and if the engineer is capable of level matching to the current voices recordings I have done? Access to a decent capicator mic is a MUST.

I will also need to work with the Austrailian actor on the scripts to make them sound more Aussie like with proper Aussie insults and slang!

Thanks, and if any non-aussies know any Austrailians to pass this message along and get them to drop me a PM or post on the MN forums and we can have a chat on xfire.

Your problem is going to be finding someone a) anywhere near you or b) with access to good recording equipment. I doubt you'll find anyone from the community who meets those criteria. I'd have no problem doing voices for you, but I don't meet either criterion, so that's not much use to you.

Be wary when it comes to the script though. Aussie slang now and Aussie slang back then are two very different things. If you want an idea of how our soldiers would've yammered on back then, try watching (if you can) either Kokoda (movie) or an episode of Changi (mini series). Both are WW2 settings and despite it being in the Pacific rather than Africa, the speech is still perfect reference material. Especially since the actors do a great job on getting it fairly authentic.

Upvote 0
yep his right sniper sounds too american.......i spent a couple of years in wollongong NSW and also a Londoner....wanna give me a go just say....:D

Without getting to much into how DR did them, there was no US influence at all on the voices.. script/recording/postproduction was all done in the UK by UKers.

The entire voice pack for the Brits in MN sound amazing.. and it sure as heck doesn't pull any punches either. (for those that want 'wan ker'

Upvote 0