• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

48 player clan war

MILK

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Czech
2m.toh.cz
We have just finished game where 6 clans played massive friendly clanwar - 3 clans vs. 3clans - 24 vs 24 ... TWB, 2M, -dfn-, {Core}, IcM, fullmj - well... intensive I can say :)

First was Zhitomir played - game ended on 0 reinforcements for both teams but team TWB+DFN+FMJ managed to get us down... was it about 1 minute left? When we, 2M+Core+IcM attacked we were quite long stacked on first point which led to fact we did not managed to cap all in given time.

Leningrad was as a second map we 2CI were defending until bridge where we managed to turn big deficit of reinforcemements into very close and intensive end.. all waiting for other's mistake... Axis sniper getting alied defence one by one, tank pushing ... realy strong feeling ... but we holded ...
When attacking we had better reinforcement at the end and final was slow capping power that could not be stopped without being shot down.

Final result 2:2...

Thanks to TWB for allowing to play on their server and all for amazing game... Maybe we will repeat it? :)

We made nice groupd photo for you :cool:

edit... btw {CoreNA}woot frapsed some footage so you can look forward to see something in motion soon ;)
edit2: you can see it HERE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLYYIf0sks
video footage is only 4:00 minutes long the rest is just uncut audio... thx for capturing woot!

48_players_resize.jpg

48_players_table_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks to all the Clans and players who took part in this first ever 48 player RO Clan match and in particular Milk for all his hard work (and in badgering me..lol) in putting this all together.

As expected The Wild Bunch server handled the numbers but we did miss a step by not including the team ready mutator (that won't happen again) and some other small things will need adjustment and ensuring they are set correctly next time.

Yes MILK there will be another...lol and hopefully we can get more clans involved in trying this type of organised slaughter...:D

Thanks again to everyone who took part.

Upvote 0
Zhitomir felt too cluttered to me personally, zhitomir aint really any bigger than odessa or other maps we currently play usually with 8v8 in clancombat.

I think leningrad would work well with 16v16. but still felt too cluttered.

Sadly my aim was really off, and my comp couldn't handle the amount of ppl :p

..8v8? Why in the world would you play RO with that few people?

Upvote 0
..8v8? Why in the world would you play RO with that few people?

because 8 players is compromise between reasonable minimum of players for tactical game and number that can work together as a team/clan in long term vs. real life ... ofcourse it is always better to play matches with more players.

btw in mod days, it was stadart to play matches 6vs6

Last edited:
Upvote 0
/copied from RO Ladder Forum.

Firstly, I would like to thank TWB for the use of their server and secondly to Milk for his considerable efforts in making this event truly memorable. Why this guy has not being recruited to some League/Ladder as an Admin is beyond my understanding . . . .

Secondly, to all the clans and players involved for being punctual and playing in line with the general good atmosphere. Even though the server did suffer some lag, there was no whine that I could recall

Upvote 0