• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Primed Grenades Don't Explode???

Howard

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2006
Anyone else notice primed grenades occasionally don't go off? You prime a grenade, get killed while holding it, grenade falls to ground & does not explode. I don't think it's 100% of the time but quite often. Maybe it's the games way of reducing TK's.

Dud grenades were in the mod, but not retail. They were taken out because it caused some pretty difficult to track down bugs, and we figured it was better just to take it out (since any time a nade didn't explode poeple just thought it was a bug :) ).

There was a feature added in this release that if you switch teams after throwing a grenade, it won't hurt anyone. This was to prevent nade TK team switch exploiting. They should always explode though. Its possible that in laggy situations that the explosion effect doesn't get played?

Upvote 0
There was a feature added in this release that if you switch teams after throwing a grenade, it won't hurt anyone. This was to prevent nade TK team switch exploiting. They should always explode though. Its possible that in laggy situations that the explosion effect doesn't get played?

It'd be tough to replicate second-hand, because the shoot-er won't always know when the other guy was cooking a grenade.

As the shoot-ee, however, I've seen a bunch of times where my ragdoll doesn't fly up in an explosion, and people I -know- should've been blown to shreds never show up in the kill list, and in fact go on to shoot other of my teammates. This seems to be happening far more than me being a bit mistaken about the grenade blast radius or some such.

In other words, yeah, I think it's a bug.

Upvote 0
before patch, I recall 99% of my dead nades going off.

I havent realised this yet but now that I see this thread, I recall few instances where my dead nade should have slayed some teammates.

I don't mind at all, however, its fun to have em all blow... it gives me suspense in my head when I pull the pin :D
Makes you think twice before priming it if you are surrounded by friendlies, adding to the orgasmic feel of the game.

But why not... now I see it as dead nade duds:cool:

If that wasnt the case, I can think of an obvious "Helpful" exploit of switching teams for 2 seconds in order to save your friendlies.

Upvote 0
before patch, I recall 99% of my dead nades going off.

I havent realised this yet but now that I see this thread, I recall few instances where my dead nade should have slayed some teammates.

I don't mind at all, however, its fun to have em all blow... it gives me suspense in my head when I pull the pin :D
Makes you think twice before priming it if you are surrounded by friendlies, adding to the orgasmic feel of the game.

But why not... now I see it as dead nade duds:cool:

If that wasnt the case, I can think of an obvious "Helpful" exploit of switching teams for 2 seconds in order to save your friendlies.
Orgasmic? No offense but I would like to play with team mates who have BOTH hands on their keyboard

Upvote 0
None of the primed grenades seems to explode if my toon dies before it has thrown them. Also, "cooking" a grenade does not effect it. That has been my experience after the last patch. It is the same with the satchel charges as well, I think.

With the current version of the game, the "team kills" I do per round are embarrassingly close to zero. That is just not right. :eek:

Edit: Just tested this in practice mode and the grenades worked fine. It could indeed be lag related as I have lately played only on the 50 player servers. I need to test it some on smaller servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cooking the German nades and the satchels definitely works, they go off after a bit, whether you're holding them or not.

The Russian nades had the release bar, like American grenades, which doesn't start the timer until you throw it... except I think if you right-click prime it to underhand-toss it, the release bar doesn't come into play.

When you hold the left mouse button you can right-click to let go off the release bar before throwing. I always cook the soviet grenades unless I am in a hurry or need to throw it max distance.

Upvote 0