• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mare Nostrum

So it's the pity, beacuse there are already many tanks made in code now and tanks like shermans also were in Africa and Italy so you would have no problem with it. Also the same with german tanks all of them are ready-made, so you would just add them. Your mod will be great but it would be much better if it had realistic tank battles beacuse that what is in RO is a some joke.

We have and will continue to look at the community's work and suggestions and try to implement them ourselves in MN. As for Armoured Beasts, there are indeed some interesting and worthwhile features they have created and we will definitely consider some of them for ourselves. Whether we simply get permission to use their code or create our own to perform the task is something we will address on an item by item basis.

At present we aren't working with the intention to just roll Armoured Beasts codebase into MN though. What we implement will be only what we feel adds to the desert tank combat, but features such as having to manually load tank shells before an engagement are well worth considering. We want the tank combat in MN to be something people will fall in love with, and I'm sure it will be.

I've always enjoyed the earlier war tank fights myself, so Mn is already off to a good start there imho. There just seems to be more skill invloved when your tank is made of cardboard and you have only a peashooter, so it's all about tactics and who fires first on target. Less time spent just angling up and raining shells, more spent using terrain to make flank attacks so your 2pdr has a chance to do some real damage.

As for Sherman's they are definitely on our list of a key tank to add, as from Alamein onwards they formed the backbone of the British tank force in the region. But you'll also be treated to less common tanks like Crusaders, Valentines and Grants. The Commonwealth tanks were always a mixture of types and MN will reflect that diversity.

Upvote 0
Looking very nice so far. I have noticed one thing though, in this picture the soldier is holding a [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]SMLE which afaik it should be a Lee Enfield No. 4?
[/SIZE][/FONT]

The No1 MKIII* is the standard rifle used in north africa. the Mk4 only entered service in 1941, and as most units in North Africa were sent out there before this happened they had the III*.

http://www.marenostrumgame.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=380

You will find more details on the link above

Upvote 0