• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Reloading!!!

It would be cool if you could load a He shell without shooting the Ap shell, witch is allready in the barrel:)By hitting R or something.

Why? That is hardly possible in the real life, so why should it be in the game? I've served in the field artilliery and believe me, removing a round from the barrel in any other way than shooting it out is fairly difficult and slow process, and it might not even be possible with tank cannon (at least larger than 50mm). Definately not something anyone would do in the middle of combat.

Upvote 0
Just remember that the Soviets used "driving bands" - those rounds can't be removed without getting out of the tank and using the tank-cleaning rods to ram the unused round back out the breech. Which is obviously a dangerous thing to do, especially with a fused HE round in the gun :)

The Germans also put a very slight shoulder on their rounds to ensure a very tight fit in the barrel. Same basic result, although you can probably get a German round back out of the breech if you can jemmy it loose. Not that I'd care to try it with a live round!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Same basic result, although you can probably get a German round back out of the breech if you can jemmy it loose. Not that I'd care to try it with a live round!

Ah. It turns out they actually did such things with similar results. I found the article which is a memoir of a tank gunner in GrosseDesuchtland: http://www.feldgrau.com/articles.php?ID=33

[SIZE=-1]My third wound occurred during my second front duty, just before the attempt on Hitler's life on 20 July 1944. This was a tragic event for, once again, it was not caused directly by enemy fire. We were engaged in battle somewhere in Lithuania, when one of our rounds of ammunition proved to be a Fehlz

Upvote 0
I thank manual reload would be an excellent addition to the game, as an option in the stock tank mode.
In fact, there are probably a fair few decent ideas that could all be included in a sort of 'pack' - rather than expecting/trying to convince the Devs to do it.

When playing with the AB mut installed/running, you must hit the "R" key to chamber the next tank round. I like it personally, and not certain but believe after practice I can now get a round loaded slightly faster than via auto load. Seems now as fast as you hit fire button it becomes 2nd nature to hit the "R" key. Of course others prefer the stock RO armor "auto" loading. Try finding a server running the AB mut and judge for yourself. To each his own.

Upvote 0
When playing with the AB mut installed/running, you must hit the "R" key to chamber the next tank round. I like it personally, and not certain but believe after practice I can now get a round loaded slightly faster than via auto load. Seems now as fast as you hit fire button it becomes 2nd nature to hit the "R" key. Of course others prefer the stock RO armor "auto" loading. Try finding a server running the AB mut and judge for yourself. To each his own.

Personally I'd prefer a click to load system just to keep it consistent with the bolts, but that's a quibble.

EDIT: better question- how does it handle the T-60?

Upvote 0

Yeah i've played AB, but not in fact since manual reload was added.
Don't wanting to kick off the merits of AB vs stock tanks debate, but i would like to see this reload as an option run with stock tanks as well - i think it's a good idea that would benifit both options.

Upvote 0