• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

can somebody help me please

wheelsmgr

Jun 4, 2007
I am a newbie in need of some advice/ information/ opinions.

I am considering getting this game however there are some things i would like to know and was hoping the community would be of assistance.

I'm not wondering about weather or not this is a good game or a fun game. thing factoring into my decision is simply this.

I have a disability called cerebral polsey now I'm not paralyzed my legs are just to weak to walk. however it affects agility of my fingers, there not as nimble as most of yours probably are. Perfect example i can only use the "hunt and peck system when typing cause my fingers are not agile enough to work them all in unison with the others , as cerebral polsey causes stiffness in some muscles and joints.

So i pose this question to the community, with my capabilities would it not be in my best interest to buy this game. I'm no stranger to FPS Ive played allot of the old PC classics and have been playing counter strike source daily for about 4 months now, and where as i get my fair share of kills I'm not anywhere near the best player, i just enjoy playing and killing other players and i do my best.

The reason I'm interested in this game is cause where CS:S is fun for me it does not give me that authentic war feeling like Ive seen in this games trailers, screen shots, and read whats been said on these forums for the past week

i usually don't often tell people I'm disabled cause of the reaction i often get, but what i have observed of this community is that every one seems pretty cool so i thought i would turn to you guys for help.

any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated

sincerely
Wheels

RO should be easier to play for you because the pace is a lot slower than in CS. Reflexes aren't as important. It is more about tactical knowledge and positioning.

You should be fine with the game.

Besides, most of the more experienced players don't care much about one's score anyway, so eve IF you would have a lower score than some others it wouldn't matter much.

Have fun, and welcome in the community!:)

Upvote 0
Hello mate,
Its a great game though you may find it slower paced than CS. If you play on a realism server, you'll find the gameplay MUCH slower paced, the trade off being its incredibly tense. Theres no way to say whether it will suit you though so I tell you what, I have a guest pass for it, PM me and I'll sort it out for you. That way you've spent no money and you've had a chance to play it. Even if you do buy it though, it costs a pittance especially if you buy it over steam.

Upvote 0
and like someone else (dunno who it was) already said: "It's so much more satisfiying to kill someone with a well placed bolt shot than to spray someone down like in CS. ^^ (specially if your vitcim wasn't really bigger than 5 by 5 pixels =)

But in RO you have some "extra" Movement Keys in addition to the usual Move and crouch keys. You can Lean left and Right and go to prone. I hope this will not be a problem to you.

however, like the others already said: RO is awesome and you definitly should give it a try. ;)

Upvote 0
Wheels, the game is much more than just run and gun. Moving into the perfect spot to cover an axis of advance might take some time because your need for stealth, so the issue with the keys shouldn't be a problem. And as for score, if I'm above 10 points then I've had a great battle. The game is more about tactical success by the entire team than individual success in my opinion. If you succeed in supporting your team, then it doesn't matter really if you have 1 kill or 50 kills, just as long as you had fun.

Upvote 0
You need more reflexes for playing CS then you need for RO.
So if you can handle yourself well in CS, you will be able to handle yourself in RO.
And yes, IMO there is a pretty authentic war-feeling in RO. Especially now, with added death-screams. The game can be pretty gritty, there can be gore when people got blown up but not overly much (at least in a way you never tire of seeing the mangled bodies, not their appearance, just their occurance), and when you get in a bayonetfight with another rifleman it's not just about your shiny knife and being tough, its about survival and doing whatever it takes to breathe a couple of more minutes :)
There is nothing more gritty then a knifefight for survival, and RO delivers :)

I say, go for JudgeMental's offer, and check it out. I think RO will match your interests, and you'll never want to leave. :)

Upvote 0
Hey Wheels,
You won't be the only chap with CP in the game, I know of at least one other personally and he does just fine. Strike that...he's one of the best tank mates I've ever had.
You don't need to be able to make those snap shots as in CS:S, they're not critical to the gameplay. As the others have stated: run n' gun won't help a lot...except in getting shot. It's a very team oriented game.
The game can get fairly graphic...from limbs flying from dismembered players to "pink mists" from direct artillery strikes. Startled one chap so much once, he had to stop and take a break and have a smoke. But no lasting emotional scarring. :D
The learning curve is much higher than other games, but so the is the reward factor.
Hope to see you on the battlefield soon.
cheers,

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help for the help and advice, from what im hearing i shall do just fine ( althogh i take it each charector comes with binoculers ti hit targets 5 by 3 ? lol)

from what ive heard im gona forgo the guest pass and just buy the game. the reason being is that right now its 5 dollors off if i buy it now where as if i use the guest pass and wana buy it tomorrow it may not be. and when your on a set monthy income established by the government 5 bucks and go a long way.

thank you again all and especially judge mantle for the offer. guess ill be seeing you guys around on the battle field:)

wheels

Upvote 0
ive bought it but havent played yet, im reading the manual now, and doing chires. im waiting for a few friends to show up. damn slow *** ppl, i thought ppl who walk are saposed to be faster then us in wheelchairs LOL

and it downladed pretty quick to 400+ kbs as soon as my friends leave ( if they ever get here) im gona put this game through its paces, or maybe the other way around. i read somewhere the practise mode dosent work, some kinda bug or something. which sucks as i would like to practise first

as for my cs set up i use the orginal layout

see u all shortly LOL

Upvote 0