• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWII Weekend in Reading PA

Yes, I got some. Might be a few days before I get them posted (damn work).

My son and I went Sunday after hearing the weather wouldn't be so great Saturday, and Saturday apparently turned out nice and it rained a bit Sunday. Overcast was great for the pictures, but some planes left early and other exibits by the reinactors started closing early in anticipation of more rain. Understandable. Still, had a really good time and saw my first Tiger!!! ---->(~ edit see below D'oh! ~)

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fake tiger you mean. It is the "tiger" from saving private ryan. IE: A T34 with sheet metal and plywood around it to make it look like a tiger.

And I wouldn't call saturday nice hehe. It was HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT. It was also the day that was mot crowded with people. Sunday was a godsend with overcast sky's and a cool breeze before the rain started.

Upvote 0
Yes, I got some. Might be a few days before I get them posted (damn work).

My son and I went Sunday after hearing the weather wouldn't be so great Saturday, and Saturday apparently turned out nice and it rained a bit Sunday. Overcast was great for the pictures, but some planes left early and other exibits by the reinactors started closing early in anticipation of more rain. Understandable. Still, had a really good time and saw my first Tiger!!! ---->(~ edit see below D'oh! ~)

:)

Moe;
Looking forward to you posting the pics. Sounds like a good show. I lived in Pittsburgh for years before moving to Florida, but I don't remember just where Reading is now. But if you want to see the real Axis "hardware" (and others) take your son to Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md some weekend. Well worth the ride and hopefully it will not be a long trip for you guys.

Upvote 0
Thanks Oneshot, I have been thinking about doing that someday.

Ok, here are some of the pics that I took. My son Brian is the one in the Iron Maiden shirt, and I am obviously the other tall person in the shots.

fake_tiger.jpg

Fake Tiger, still looks cool

iwo.jpg

ermey.jpg

donald.jpg

brian_sdk.jpg

brian_ht.jpg

b25.jpg

b17.jpg

ats.jpg

ac.jpg

Upvote 0