• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible to make hip shooting worse??

1. tactics teached in peace often last not very long in war. that is a fact.
in game every situation can be repeated over and over again, and the result is that people develop sometimes strange tactics that work in some special situations. if u repeat a special scenario irl u would also work out tactics that are different from the 0815 army tactics.

2. and again its possible to fire from the hip as effective as in game, even while jogging, as long as the ground allows you to look somewhere else. the main problem ingame is that there is no real alternative. irl you would have ur gun in a highreadyposition if u expect to shoot. if this was possible to do ingame, the problem with hipshooting ingame would be solved. soimething else that makes hipshooting to popular is that smgs are not effective enough if u use them from the shoulder in game, especially if u have bad fps.

mfg Arnold

Upvote 0
1. Japanese did not have sub-machine guns and were basically using WWI era rifles against his
2. The Japanese might have been expecting hand to hand combat
3. Japanese were renowned for not understanding trench warfare, infiltration tactics, cover, standing too close together, or covering fire at least early in the war in 1942 (until 1944 when they figured out Banzai charges weren't that great tactics wise) and were most likely standing out in the open looking at him blankly.
4. Due to the nature of jungle warfare in Papa New Guinea, the Japanese guns had a high rate of failure due to bad design of the breach and bolt and most likely were malfunctioning during his charge (see #1)
5. The Japanese had supply problems in Papa New Guinea and they might have not brought enough ammo with them during this particular event (see #1 and #2)
6. It doesn't look like he made many maneuvering except moving straight forward in which the Japanese were standing directly in front of him
7. He died to a rifleman anyways as one would expect a hipshooter to end up ;)

Had this happened in Europe, he would have stepped out in the open and yelled "Charge!" only to be blipped out by a burst of Mg-42 fire.

He pulled off accurate shots from the hip, regardless of the fact he got killed by a sniper or what circumstances the Japanese where under. Besides, how are you gonna to weaken hip shooting?

Upvote 0
Just hold a stick in your hand as if it was a gun around your hip level, move and watch where stick points as you move,it will sway like crazy,

accurate hipshots=acceptable,accurate moving hipshots=bull****.

As mentioned above and before RO needs a chestshot mode, where you can IS in an instant but move slower yet still can hit targets on chest mode up to some distance.

But this is time consuming need new animations etc. and wont be implemented for sure but maybe we can punish run and gunners just by changing a few lines of code and slow RO:gameplay.

4 biggest problems of RO imo

1)encouraging run and gunners
2)instaswitch and autoswitch of weapons(in other words you can switch weapons in less than a second)
3)no chance to remove tracers in MGs.
4)incredible benefits from angling(like tripling your actual armor) in tank combat.

I guess a pro can fix all of this in 5 minutes but...

Upvote 0
Just hold a stick in your hand as if it was a gun around your hip level, move and watch where stick points as you move,it will sway like crazy,

accurate hipshots=acceptable,accurate moving hipshots=bull****.

Actually Mad Murdock did you one better and did it with a Mosin:

i dont know where all these suggestions saying you cant accurately hit something 6m away while running are coming from, so i decided to try an experiment.

Taking a MN91/30 i thought i'd run around with it a bit and see what i can find out, turns out you really dont knock it about much while running because the weight combined with the way your arms work, they act a lot like a shock absorber so the movement of your gun while running is actually fairly smooth and easy to control, even with a heavy rifle.

Oops?

Upvote 0
Nothing wrong with shooting from the hip. It works well enough with SMGs and Semi's, but with a bolt-action rifle it's a really big gamble.

I hipshoot a LOT. I also miss a LOT.

But hipshooting is about the only way to engage in CQB without getting your head blown off by defenders who are already sitting in IS mode waiting for you to come to them.

I've been playing this game for a few years now and have yet to see hipshooting being "abused." Most players still use IS mode to fight at medium to long ranges. Heck, an argument could be made that hipshooting at point blank needs to be MORE accurate. I can easily put a bullet into someone standing next to me with my rifle lowered (IRL)... in the game, it's a crapshoot.

Upvote 0