• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ok here goes...

D3terioNation

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Firstly the music.

That went off IMMEDIATELY!!

There is no need for it and it did not add to the atmosphere whatsoever! It just felt odd and uncomfortable, dare I say. When doing it I thought 'Aww but there'l be no music at start up :(' But then I remembered I spend at least 10 seconds browsing servers before joining!

Secondly the screams.

Wow. Hmmm. Interresting. Im not complaining here, but I will simply have to get used to it as alot of your work has gone into it & I respect that. And to be fair, I feared it was going to get to a point of being unbearable, but it never did. And fair play to you on that!

This patch, though highly anticipated, hasnt really added much in my opinion. The only new map Ive played is BDJ which feels very different. More action, less tactical imo!

Anyways these are my feelings thus far & will be adding to it the more I sample the other 'glossed up' maps!

Firstly the music.

That went off IMMEDIATELY!!

There is no need for it and it did not add to the atmosphere whatsoever! It just felt odd and uncomfortable, dare I say. When doing it I thought 'Aww but there'l be no music at start up :(' But then I remembered I spend at least 10 seconds browsing servers before joining!

The music is like the shirt your mother put on you in the morning.

If you don't like it just turn/take it off.

Really no need to argue about that particular aspect of the patch.

Upvote 0
Nice of them to add some additional content but there are some vary BASIC items that kinda ruin the game play a bit and if were fixed , IMO would elevate RO from simply being great to absolutely wonderful.

Haven't managed to play the updated version yet (most servers don't seem to be updated) but these weren't mentioned in the change log so here goes..

A) Bayonet attacks. The recipient still just turns around and shoots you rather than suffering any kind of movement penalty as he would if he got shot. That's wierd.

B) The VOIP is more or less useless for anything more than chit chat since there is no way of knowing where the person speaking is. Some kind of squadding arrangement ala BF2 (*shudder*) would go along way in promoting team play IMO.

(mind you , this is easily emulated using something like Ventrillo which a lot do , but shouldn't be necessary to have to run something in the background to compensate for what's already built in and putting those who don;t have Ventrillo or whatever at a disadvantage because they can;t communicate with you).

Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
The background music is not intrusive at all, does not inter-fear with game play in the slightest and goes down quite well in large armored maps and when reinforcements are depleted !

I just don't hear the problem!

Well the problem you arent hearing are the footsteps of that enemy soldier creeping up on you:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Well the problem you arent hearing are the footsteps of that enemy soldier creeping up on you:rolleyes:

How loud is your music set to? Mine's on default and I still hear people moving around me...

Edit: Something that would really be amazing would be having some Red Choir-esque music play for the Russian side during some high-impact moment a la makin breakthrough at an important objective or defending the last objective (Basovka?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How loud is your music set to? Mine's on default and I still hear people moving around me...
Ive got it turned off completely. Adding music to the game is not for me, i feel like a ww2 soldier running around with an iPod now lol.
There was no music when i started playing, only in the menu (mod), thats how i know RO, and that's how i want RO to be.

Upvote 0
Edit: Something that would really be amazing would be having some Red Choir-esque music play for the Russian side during some high-impact moment a la makin breakthrough at an important objective or defending the last objective (Basovka?).

I agree, "interactive music" that follows the action going on the map would be nicer than just background music.

As an example, the first team that is low on reinfrocement could hear dramatic song while a team close to winning would hear an "heroic" Soviet or German song. If you are isolated on the map, the music can be quieter and then get louder in CQC., etc...

Upvote 0
this is most definitely the BEST PATCH SO FAR.

in fact....if no other patch EVER came out...i'd be quite happy with what I have.

People can talk all they want to about the music and the screams....but for me the game just plays smoother now. Something about the new coding for higher player counts has really made the game play so much smoother. I remember one update last year sometime and the game went all laggy on me. It sucked. It got better later on with another patch....but this thing now is s-m-o-o-t-h.

and...like the others....if you don't like the music turn it off.
and the death screams aren't a bad thing...just different. It gives you a tip when the guy next to you gets his head shot off from 300 yards away.

and the new maps are VERY nicely polished from their beta versions. The betas were great...but Tula and Leningrad are much nicer now. The lighting specifically in Tula is so much better.

TRIPWIRE UBER ALLES.

Upvote 0
this is most definitely the BEST PATCH SO FAR.

in fact....if no other patch EVER came out...i'd be quite happy with what I have.

People can talk all they want to about the music and the screams....but for me the game just plays smoother now. Something about the new coding for higher player counts has really made the game play so much smoother. I remember one update last year sometime and the game went all laggy on me. It sucked. It got better later on with another patch....but this thing now is s-m-o-o-t-h.

and...like the others....if you don't like the music turn it off.
and the death screams aren't a bad thing...just different. It gives you a tip when the guy next to you gets his head shot off from 300 yards away.

and the new maps are VERY nicely polished from their beta versions. The betas were great...but Tula and Leningrad are much nicer now. The lighting specifically in Tula is so much better.

TRIPWIRE UBER ALLES.

Well, here is the man that has seen the light, imo.

The game just plays far smoother. The new maps (old custom maps as the naysayers put it) are far more optimized, have additional features, and improved lighting any may cases.

Either I'm getting used to them or they toned down the screams slightly from the first beta. They aren't nearly has intrusive as they seemed to be at one time.

I, too, think the patch is a job well done. Even if its not all shiny and glittery on the outside, the nuts and bolts got a good tightening and I'll take that any day.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Well I didn't like the music so I turned it off. At least we have that option. :p

However I don't like all the death screams. Either there are too many of them or we can hear the screams from such a long distance that they feel almost constant. Remember not everyone screams as they die. Some die quietly. lol

Is it just me or did the grenade radius shrink? I was playing Odessa and I tossed a nade out into the open. A enemy was 10 feet away when it went off. He wasn't behind cover or anything. Yet he survived to come and kill me. -_-
Tim

Upvote 0
Is it just me or did the grenade radius shrink? I was playing Odessa and I tossed a nade out into the open. A enemy was 10 feet away when it went off. He wasn't behind cover or anything. Yet he survived to come and kill me. -_-
Tim
The nades are just a tad weird and they always has been. I have been killed by my own nade which was 10 feet away on open ground while an enemy who stood between me and the nade survived...

Upvote 0