• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Getting Sick Of Playing Servers High Ping Servers In America

7.92mm

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2007
Im Getting Sick Of Playing High Ping Servers In America, Because Nobody Uses The Australain Servers Then People Wonder Why You Are Getting Soo Pisses Off
All The Time Because your dying Because Its Ten Trillion Times Harder To Killl Somebody. There Are Like Four Australian Servers This Is Bloody Pathetic High Ping Is The Only Thing That Stops Me from Really Enjoying This Game.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Im Getting Sick Of Playing High Ping Servers In America, Because Nobody Uses The Australain Servers Then People Wonder Why You Are Getting Soo Pisses Off
All The Time Because your dying Because Its Ten Trillion Times Harder To Killl Somebody. There Are Like Four Australian Servers This Is Bloody Pathetic High Ping Is The Only Thing That Stops Me from Really Enjoying This Game.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well, lets see. America has 300,000,000 people. Australia has 20,000,000. America is located conveniently between Europe and Asia. Australia is below Asia and way far away from Europe. Even a simple mind such as yours should be able to understand why the American servers are predominant.

Upvote 0
Well, lets see. America has 300,000,000 people. Australia has 20,000,000. America is located conveniently between Europe and Asia. Australia is below Asia and way far away from Europe. Even a simple mind such as yours should be able to understand why the American servers are predominant.

And that is what makes us so much better :lol:

It's not really that greater of an issue unless you like playing RO in the middle of the day. Even servers with 200 - 300 pings play well for me and realise your limitations with lag if you are on the higher ping servers.

Keep your head down more
Don't get into reflex fights and
Lead your target to compensate

I've had a ball on some OS servers with a Bolt but you just have to have a little more patience than when playing locally.

Upvote 0
There are enough evening players in Aus to fill up two 32 man servers each night - one server full server and a slew of people clicking "refresh" if it's a slow night. The only time you'll have trouble is in the middle of the day and that's because everyone's at work. The Australian RO community is, by and large, mature age players and they have lives to live outside the game.

I would suggest, 7.92mm, that you try again after 5:30pm on any given weekday and you might be surprised at the ease of getting a very full local game.

Be thankful this isn't the mod days. There were only a few servers in the world that ever saw players and the closest ones for us were 200ms ping (250ms for me considering my location at the arse end of the world). That said, the few Aussies that played regularly in the mod days were some of the best players out. We didn't know what low pings were and still beat most of Yank players more often that not.

Upvote 0
Be thankful this isn't the mod days. There were only a few servers in the world that ever saw players and the closest ones for us were 200ms ping (250ms for me considering my location at the arse end of the world).

250ms for me - connecting from Africa - is a godsend. Although there is one server in this country and probably a dozen RO owners, it is like those "mod days" servers: empty. Most international servers I cannot play on - over 400ms.

As said above, you adapt by using nothing but bolt rifles and the occasional tank and you try to avoid CQB - often to the frustration of team mates. I was able to play from the UK for 2 months recently and noticed improved scores and more kills. So it goes ...

Upvote 0
You have my sympathies, believe me. I understand exactly what it's like to play in your situation. Unfortunately though, it doesn't sound like you're about to get a larger local community. All you can hope for is that the sequel will be more popular in your region and that enough players will exist to support a populated server. That's what happened for us with RO: CA -> RO: OST, so maybe next time is your turn. :)

Upvote 0
Yep. I do miss the tight-nit community of old sometimes, where everyone knew pretty much everyone else. But easy to find local games are more than worth the tradeoff. And while the local community isn't quite as tightnit as the global one used to be, it's still not bad. Most people anyway.

Hehe, I was so stoked whenever I managed to blast an enemy in midair on RO_pakfight with that high ping. And insanely smug I might add. The best part was the hacking accusations though. They cracked me up. There were some players who for reasons unknown, decided that if I were ever on top of the scoreboard and frequently killing people, I must be cheating. How my alleged "aimbot" was ever supposed to work with my ping is still a mystery to me to this day.

Upvote 0
Saw a funny thing the other night. Was playing with a ping of about 240, got outdrawn by a player who had a ping of about 80, who then got outdrawn by someone else with a ping of about 40. All it needed then was for a 0 ping bot to outdraw him and it would have been perfect.

Like the others have said, you've just got to work around the limitations. There's a guy I know who quite regularly ends up at or near the top of the score-table playing against lower pings.

Another thing is, on the few times that I've played with an equally good ping, I've actually done worse in general. I put this down to not being used to the different playing style it requires, but also because of the generally higher skill level of the players I go up against. If you think about it, the people here in Australia who do play the game are probably less likely to be your typical...err, um... gamer-kiddies(?), and so in some ways, harder to beat. So yeah, you might be going up against lower pings, but you might also be going up against lower quality opponents more often too, so it balances out. Perhaps.

Upvote 0