• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Card Problems

bloodypotato

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2006
Michigan
Now, I bought a sound card around two months ago, and it seemed like the input for the microphone wasn't working, the two speaker plugs that I needed (running it in a 4.1 configuration) were working perfectly. Since the mic input wasn't working, I took the card out after about month and a half, and started using onboard sound. All of the speakers still worked perfectly. I just put the sound card back in a few minutes ago and fiddled with the speech input settings, and the mic is now working. Only problem is, the rear speakers (the black connector on the sound card) have stopped working. I know that they are all plugged into the subwoofer properly, as i put the two speaker cords into a splitter and popped it into the green connector, and everything worked fine. I currently have windows set up to recognise the sound setup as 4.1 (surround sound), and am kind of mad at how this card seems to go from one problem to the next. So, if you have any ideas on how to fix it, I would be greatly appreciative. Until then, though, I will have to have only two channels going:mad: .

It's odd. In the surround mixer, when I press the noise button, all of the four speakers accept their assigned noise thing, so the speakers are actually all working. For some reason, though, only the front speakers play sound if I'm listening to music in iTunes, watching a movie with Zoom Player, or playing RO. I'm beginning to wonder if this is just something that needs to be set up across all applications, because it is saying that it is synched with the control panel. If it helps at all I am running a Sound Blaster Audigy SE card.

Upvote 0