• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rambo IV trailer. Finally a movie series not castrated for teenage audience ^^

Propaganda is only telling one side of the story without lieing, such as Hitler's propaganda films of the victory's in the war or unreliab;e news sources like Fox4 news which only tell you about the good part, the part you wan to hear. Movies glorifying war or faith that might also glorify violence and war are not propaganda because they don't just tell one side of the story since there isn't any 'real' story to tell and it's just entertainment! Gah! Get in your heads!

Upvote 0
LoL @ those coments :

This is what we need to read and we need to support this movie if approved by our Church. Also, to pray for Mr. Stallone for his continued conversion and let him know we stand behind him. It shows we must continued to pray for Hollywood
:D nice church...I mean it only says : "Pray for the lost souls in LoLywood to continue making bad movies with no story,uneccesary violence, bad taste , but at least, oh lord, let them do it in the name of God. k Thankx"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LoL @ those coments :

:D nice church...I mean it only says : "Pray for the lost souls in LoLywood to continue making bad movies with no story,uneccesary violence, bad taste , but at least, oh lord, let them do it in the name of God. k Thankx"
LOL! HAHAHHAHAAHA!...........Oh man. Who could've imagined a thread about RAMBO would've taken such a bizzare twist? Those comments are too much. There's lots of great throat tearing, knife to the chest, OTT slaughterfest action just waiting for the churches approval. I hope they approve it. ROFL

Upvote 0
Propaganda is only telling one side of the story without lieing, such as Hitler's propaganda films of the victory's in the war or unreliab;e news sources like Fox4 news which only tell you about the good part, the part you wan to hear. Movies glorifying war or faith that might also glorify violence and war are not propaganda because they don't just tell one side of the story since there isn't any 'real' story to tell and it's just entertainment! Gah! Get in your heads!
The kind of propaganda that is hidden in "just entertainment" is the worst because, as you generously provided yourself as an example, it is not as easy to detect as such.

Upvote 0

erm no, propaganda is lieng. throughout wars propaganda was used to make the people afraid of your enemy and want to do anaything possible to defeat them, and to keep moral up during the war because everything was golden. there is usually no truth in it, take one specific world war two "war bonds" poster that showed rats with swastikas and rising suns on them running across a map with the subtext "if these rats get over here your money wont be worth anaything" encouraging people to buy warbonds.

your defnintion sounds much more like distorted information, like modern news which loves to only present one side of the information. IE: when was the last time you saw something in the news about a good thing happening in afghanistan or Iraq, it dosent happen because good news dosent make the news.

also on a different side of this, i find movies that show true horrors rather then painless and horrorless death a-la james bond; tend to get across the point of war being horrific and bad much more efficiently then a showing of bloodless and painless death.

Upvote 0
Rambo 3 glorified the Taliban kekeke
Actually he was helping the Mujahdeen (no idea if I spelled that correctly), the Mujah's were basically anyone and everyone who were resisting the Russian occupation whatever their slant on Islam.

It wasn't until after the occupation ended and these groups fell to fighting that the Taliban gained momentum and became the dominant faction.
They had Rambo III on TV1 yesterday, I watched some of it but the rank odor of cheese made me turn it off.

Upvote 0
And I say it is not propaganda just because it pro-war and pro-Christian (I am not defending these) because it is a entirely fictional movie made up by David Morell where as true propaganda such as Rommel's tapes of victories in Africa are entirely true leaving out shortcomings. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this. There's a small thin red line seperating these two.

Upvote 0
A major part of propaganda movies is entirely fictional as far as storyline goes. Just look at cold war era movies from both sides or nazi-happy-blond-white-people cliche movies from the 30s, 40s in Germany. Even some of Leni Riefenstahl's artistic and completely story-free movies are propaganda.

Propaganda movies are made to deliver an ideologic message, whether they portray actual or fictious events is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had thought the original plot of Rambo IV involved Rambo returning back home to the USA retired from service, he then sets up a Rambo Academy school ;) for young hotshots who then later get trained by Rambo himself and became hard *** elite supreme killing machines. The events of 9/11 unfold and the government decides to offer the fresh recruits a mission to send them into Afghanistan, fight the Taliban and possibly come up against Osama Bin Laden. Rambo still comes into play but only as an advisor. I remember reading this from a newspaper source.

Upvote 0