• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Beta Patch Comments

Personally I love it. I think the community mappers have done a great job. I think we have a good set of community requested features and have bitten off a nice chunk of the good ol bug list. I know we are hard at work at even more right now with several new maps in production and some other code changes that didn't make this patch that I think the community will love.

Upvote 0
Personally I love it. I think the community mappers have done a great job. I think we have a good set of community requested features and have bitten off a nice chunk of the good ol bug list. I know we are hard at work at even more right now with several new maps in production and some other code changes that didn't make this patch that I think the community will love.

Good to hear that the devs are not giveing up on the game after this patch. Thanks for the info! I love it when devs are keen to reveal at least some of what they are doing to support their community. Unlike with companies like Activision where you never know whats in the next patch, or what it fixes till it comes out.

Upvote 0
Im really worried about some of these comments.

I hope they make in-game music optional, and use this beta test to really improve on the new content!
Yeah I've never wanted music while I'm playing. I would think it would be a distraction and cover up audio cues that you need (and want) to hear to stay alive. I don't want to be straining to hear footsteps (or whatever else) over music. I don't know though maybe they did it perfect so that's not a problem, we'll see.

Upvote 0
well you could implement the mp3player of UT2K4 in ROOST by opening Users.ini in the system map and add next to the key you want to use "MusicPlayer" or something like that, not quite sure and I can't check it since I'm not on my pc.
So you have something like this
P=MusicPlayer
Then when you play a map and you want to disable the music, open the mp3player and press stop, or play and then stop.

Upvote 0

Will these maps have any new vehicles?

Upvote 0
I'm pretty positive no one can even try to call RO a realistic game now. The soldiers scream from headshots, TWI has included INGAME MUSIC, and all of the new content was player-created (IT'S NOT NEW!). Gotta say I'm pretty disapointed with this patch, and the overall direction RO has taken since the mod days.

Upvote 0
i had people dying without screaming, just the regular grin. but i also had it happen that the guy in front of me got shot, and then i got shot a second later and we both made the exact same scream, and that was kinda arcadish.
but a good thing i noticed is when i killed a russian guy from behind, he fell against the wall and made a grin, and when he fell on the ground he started screaming his guts out. that was so cool.

the new screams (even if they arent always approriate) are verry well made and authentic, so i think it's better not to ask how the devs recorded them... ;)

Upvote 0