• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Am I playing on the wrong servers?

Cleft_Asunder

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2005
I've been playing RO since the mod, and back then I played on a server called CIA mostly. LOTS of great players were on there, and everyone knew what he was doing. But ever since Ostfront came out, I can't seem to find a server that I can call home. I see very little skill and team play on the servers I play on. (RTR, FK, et cetera) Everyone plays "willy nilly" style.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I access games using the ingame server browser. Is there some sort of program that allows you to access more servers? What's all this talk about clan servers? Do they show up in the normal browser? I don't remember the last time I played against a group of clanners all on one side, except for the mod, so what's the secret?

when i played cod1, i was never on the same server and i rarely met the same players again. then came cod2, and i found a good server after a few months of searching. and after a while i knew almost everybody on the server and they all knew me (maybe because it was s&d, so you had plenty of time to discuss between rounds) now i switched to RO, and i haven't yet found a server like that. and i believe they don't really exist in ro; servers where everybody knows everybody, and notice when a stranger is on the server. but i think from the servers i know, the one that gets closest to that is the BOH server, but i mostly play at european hours

Upvote 0
Sadly, the old community has been split onto 30 different servers since the game went retail. That's just what happens when a small mod community becomes a larger released game community.

The good news is that a lot of the players and clans from the "old days" still get together and have scrims. Why, just last night CoreNA took on elements of TK and [-I-] on the TK server.

To get in on the action, join one of the "old guard" US clans, or put your favorite clan tags in your Friends list and search us out. Joining the TK forums will put you in contact whenever we have a "vets" night for sure, and sometimes these get-togethers are mentioned on these forums.

Good luck. I'll see you out there.

Upvote 0
[DBDUK] server FTW (back from the mod days and now) :D but the server is a ghost town sometimes. Sometimes I play on other AB servers tho.
Sometimes I think it is a more a ghost toiwn server than anything else...but when I am happy and see it filled - got, I love that server.
Goddamn, I would love to play a round or two, but my grafics card is broken...

But, back to [DBDUK]: Am I the only one who thinks that it was better at the beginning of the server, when DMs where off and you weren't able to see the other sides classes?

Upvote 0