• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Just one question: UK Version uncut or cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to correct Yoshi, but he did it himself.

To reiterate: the only territory that required us to make any changes was Germany. In order to stay off the "indexed" list (i.e. banned) we had to produce a version without the "full" gore level. Tedious, but that is the local law. Everywhere else you DO get to see people vaporised by a direct hit from an HE round :)

Oh - and don't start the "your country sux cos its laws suc" thing again, please!

Upvote 0
Only the german version has reduced gore. Even the German version is pretty gory, probably one of the most gory games to not get indexed in germany. German version gets full blood, just no totat obliteration (i.e. the body vaporized by artillery), and no limbs blown off.

I'm disappointed Tripwire. After all you still don't want to realize there are several levels 16/18/indexed in Germany. You repeat the same wrong story for over one year now.

Upvote 0
@schneidzekk: Then you should know that Doom 3 is the goriest game that is not indexed (just "ab 18" or "keine Jugendfreigabe" as they like to call it nowadays). Avron is right there.

If you would have released the game with a "ab 18" label there wouldn't have been cencorship (apart from the swastikas maybe) and we would have a full gore version of RO. Unfortunately you went with the "ab 16" version, which had to be toned down to make it appropriate for 16 year olds.

Ah, I don't care much, because the gore I get is enough for me, but it could have went better regardless.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.