• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is RO OSTFRONT any different

Guess what trying to get the mod working on my friends comp guess what I found linux can run RO with somthing called Cedega---Oh yeah:eek: lol anyhow I will try it and if it screws up then oh well I will give it to my XP using friend. I am running SUSE linux will that work with Cedega? I might not buy it though so much to buy and I already have the mod I'll sleep on it Gnite all,
*Slayer_2

Upvote 0
Yeah right ...

the bots are still retarded, they spray with there SMGs, can barely use a rifle and use tanks.

But they are to stupid for nades, arty and all the stuff. But bots stink anyway even if they are "clever" I prefer stupid humans :p

The mod and the retail game are not the same . Retail is far better imo. But I think you don't want to find out slayer since it would be cruel knowing how great this game is and not being able to play it :eek:

Upvote 0
but really man you should try the mod V3.3 it kicks ***!
*Slayer_2

heh - I tried it online for the first time ever last night and although in all we ended up at max 8-10 players, it was indeed something to experience! While I can sort of hold my own in RO:OST, I was thoroughly whipped in the mod.

You gotta love the original realism effects: no movement when prone and aiming or reloading; your body feels more heavy and slow-moving; iron sights darkens the edges of your vision; etc., etc. Playing RO:OST again afterwards was so much easier - almost.. *gasp* - dare I say - ... arcade-like.

Also, the mod colours seem less washed-out and the object detail is imo much more - now I understand more how this mod won the UT prize.

So yes, methinks Slayer has a point .. :)

Upvote 0
Does methinks think he can play us on the funlevel server (It's the best and most played with lots of custom maps also up 24/7) this weekend? Tell me your in-game name and we could team up:cool:
*Slayer_2
P.S. "Retail RO would turn your world upside down.

You are in my prayers.

(and btw I am an Atheist, get windows or I will avoid you :mad: would be great wouldn't it?)" Well depends how you look on it :p

I'm an Atheist to but I may get a vista yay! I'm actually looking at the (Linux usable) Quake wars total opposite of RO but I'm a quake nerd:D

Upvote 0
heh - I tried it online for the first time ever last night and although in all we ended up at max 8-10 players, it was indeed something to experience! While I can sort of hold my own in RO:OST, I was thoroughly whipped in the mod.

You gotta love the original realism effects: no movement when prone and aiming or reloading; your body feels more heavy and slow-moving; iron sights darkens the edges of your vision; etc., etc. Playing RO:OST again afterwards was so much easier - almost.. *gasp* - dare I say - ... arcade-like.

Also, the mod colours seem less washed-out and the object detail is imo much more - now I understand more how this mod won the UT prize.

So yes, methinks Slayer has a point .. :)

simply because developers guys that was responsilbe for realism part of RO left to develop Insurgency mod so dont expect RO:OST to be realistic like mod <3.3 was.

Upvote 0