• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation King Tiger - WIP

Got to add tow cables next and some other bits and bobs then probably start on the inside. For next update I'll make sure gun barrel is smoothed a lot better. Also I will soon post a shot of rear once hatch on back of turret is fitted.

Update:

ktr11mn6.jpg

Upvote 0
Got to add tow cables next and some other bits and bobs then probably start on the inside. For next update I'll make sure gun barrel is smoothed a lot better. Also I will soon post a shot of rear once hatch on back of turret is fitted.

Update:

ktr11mn6.jpg
yea the turret looks a bit wide and the front and the light is too small but it does look like king tiger :D yes look this picture the tracks are wide

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sry but i dint read all post's so excuse the question.
I just want to ask how to get the final KT into the Game without TW and/or an offical Patch ? Maybee as an feature of a custommap to download like some textures etc. ?

Yep it will go in just like the BTR-7 did or has. Custom-map or mod. I have modified Tiger code at the moment to use as a base. Don't get the worng idea that it will be a beefed up Tiger I, it will be made realistic in every angle I can possibly do.

Upvote 0
otester,
If possible don't forget the hooks for the spare track links on the side of the turret. They were put there for a reason. The Tiger II was not the invincible monster everyone seems to think it was in reality!
yes your right its not invincible from the sides, but in the right hands this tank can [SIZE=-1]Easily wipe out 100 tanks and it was done [/SIZE]Karl Korner destroyed over 100 russian tanks in April of 1945, mostly JS-2s, in his King Tiger during the defence of Berlin. (He basically ran out of ammo).:p thats karl in the picture and one of the king tigers in berlin

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes your right its not invincible from the sides, but in the right hands this tank can [SIZE=-1]Easily wipe out 100 tanks and it was done [/SIZE]Karl Korner destroyed over 100 russian tanks in April of 1945, mostly JS-2s, in his King Tiger during the defence of Berlin. (He basically ran out of ammo).:p thats karl in the picture and one of the king tigers in berlin

Looks like a teen :D

Upvote 0

karl,
You may want to check you sources again, the info I have is yes he (Karl Koner, not Korner, maybe I have his name misspelled or you which could be some of the confusion) is credited with 100 + kills, but a great many of those from what I have read were in a Tiger I with schwere SS PzAbt. 503, not in a King. I know he received his Knight's Cross on 4/29/44, well in advance of the fighting in Berlin I believe. Of course I could be wrong, not the first time!

Upvote 0
karl,
You may want to check you sources again, the info I have is yes he (Karl Koner, not Korner, maybe I have his name misspelled or you which could be some of the confusion) is credited with 100 + kills, but a great many of those from what I have read were in a Tiger I with schwere SS PzAbt. 503, not in a King. I know he received his Knight's Cross on 4/29/44, well in advance of the fighting in Berlin I believe. Of course I could be wrong, not the first time!

No read here 100 kills are in a king tiger on hes way back to berlin :p they say this is hes king tiger in the picture in berlin after the battle http://www.achtungpanzer.com/gen10.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No read here 100 kills are in a king tiger on hes way back to berlin :p they say this is hes king tiger in the picture in berlin after the battle http://www.achtungpanzer.com/gen10.htm

Kinda like Abrams vs. Iraqi T-72Z lol, complete ownage.

Having this tank in early 1942 would have definately made a difference I think.

Assuming it did an engine upgrade would be available, I heard once it came out there was a 1500hp in the making specially for the KT. IIRC thats about 22 hp/t, wow huh? :D

Upvote 0