• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I rather doubt it'll be that effective anyway. Remember, the clown car works because it goes significantly faster than the tanks, it can stop on a dime, and it's a pain in the ass to hit while moving at top speed and zig-zagging around. I think this is simply a useful feature that'll work for getting troops to the front, but that's about it.

As for it being added to the BT-7, while it can be debated how often this happened, I view it more as a useful bit of code around which new/reworked tanks can be built.

I think all tanks should be ABLE to do this, but whether players choose to do so is another thing entirely.

Upvote 0

Tanks like the BT-7 may not have been the big hitters we all know and love: King Tigers, Panthers, SU-152s, US-100s. But it did play a big roll in combat, and was used as a scouting vehicle. Remeber in 1939 when the Germans invaded Polend they did not have huge ammounts of their deadly Panzer3s. Most of their tanks were still Panzer2s and they were only used for scouting and recon missions. The point is that it was used and there for should be part of the game. We have tanks like the T-60, so why not tanks like the BT-7?

I know that when people think of tanks they think of big lumbering beasts that lay waste to everything in their path but thats not how tanks are. Tanks are shock vehicles, they move in ahead of the infantry and clear the path, yes they take on the enemy at the front line but they also have to keep the rear clear for convoys and advanceing troops. In WW2 this was done for the first time and worked well, but it showed that if your going to have tanks lead the way it's best to have heavy tanks and light tanks. Ones for punching through the front line, and ones for covering the flanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds like wise advice, and you like someone who tries to work with others..... team player :)

hell yes! I love and enjoy good team work. Nothing against a good day, and many single hits. But nothing tastes so delicious, like wining a game, destroying countless enemy vehicles or stoping soldiers with your MG, rifle etc. ... and people that share this with you in your team and tank. I cant understand how people do NOT want to feel that experience :confused:

The most great moments I rember, with felow players in the Stug in Orel, Tiger in Black day, or just watching the machineguners back as sniper in Kessel.

Upvote 0
I hate the T-60. Absolutely. We were surprised to see it and fell in love with the BT in CoDUO. It is a fun tank. I also pushed for a T-26 but they are death traps, worse than the BT7. But they would be worthy enough. There were plenty of PzIIs running around early on as well in the scout and mop up roles.

As for future works... We have a couple more vehicles in process. The BA-10 being one that I am a big fan of. 45mm cannon, room for a couple passengers as well. We also are looking to get an early war KV1 out the door, with rider capacity if that proves server-friendly. I can't mention the other 'big' item for fear of Teufelhund, but we should have a 'coming out' party for that one later this week. Late war fans will be happy.

The BT is a nice little tank. If used properly it can wreck havoc. Just keep it moving and firing. And the speed is nowhere near the clown cars. It will be far from that but still gets along faster than most German turrets can keep up. As Lex noted earlier, get in close, keep moving and plaster the enemy from short range while he spins his turret in a panic.

Upvote 0
Obviously the best way to counter the BT7 for the germans is not to Solo.

Turret turning is all well and good but having you driver turn the tank should give you enough of a means to bring your main gun to bear on a circling BT7.
More tanks and greater server player limits = good times and better opp for team tanking. Current player limits and team tanking leaves a target sparse map at the moment.

Upvote 0
We also are looking to get an early war KV1 out the door, with rider capacity if that proves server-friendly. I can't mention the other 'big' item for fear of Teufelhund, but we should have a 'coming out' party for that one later this week. Late war fans will be happy.

A early KV1? Sweet! Just for curiosity, will you add a posibilty, to use the second turret MG as well? That is something I always miss when driving with the IS2 or KV1s.

Late war fans will be happy ... I guss people can already assume what kind of surprise that might be.

Upvote 0
And the KV-2 ;) And a BA-10 for the Russians
And lets not forget to give the Germans some lovin' with a Pz 38(t) and maybe a Pz I, II or a SdKfz 263.
I tend to like the early war more so than mid and late.

The after hourz team did have the BA-10 in the beta version of Barbarossa for UO, it was really neat because for the first time in UO the Turret and the Drive were done by two different people (I think thats how it was). All the other vehicles in UO were done in the BF style, 1 man tanks. I look forward to seeing it in this game as well.

Upvote 0