• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Preoblem

Rasputin

Apr 23, 2007
Hello!
I am new to the forum and in fact to Red Orchestra. I have seen the game in stores for a while and have wanted to buy it, so i thought i would download it on steam. From what i see from practice mode it seems like a good game, but i can't play online. When i click multiplayer the Internet and Buddies tabs are blocked out and it says connecting to news server and in the bottom querying master server. Thats it, nothing else happens. I have tried disabling all of my firewalls and other things but it still does not work. What else could be the problem?. Thanks!

If you have a router you need to check that the ports that RO needs are open or forwarded. For the list of these see the stickies at the top of the support forum. It could be that the master server port is being blocked for some reason, so you could try doing a direct connect by adding a server to your favourites after finding out the ip through a site like this one

Try that and report back.

Upvote 0
Don't know !

Do the basics =

Start Steam go to My games, select RO, right click, select properties, then, verify integrity of game files. Steam will check your files to make sure that you have everything you need.

Try and join a server !

If that does not work, quit Steam, delete your "client registry blob" file, which can be found in your main Steam folder.

Start Steam, it will create a new "blob" file.
Try and join a server.

If its still not working get back here for further help !

Good luck...

Upvote 0
For testing purposes you should see if your router has a DMZ (de-militarised zone) and put your computer's IP address into that so that it should allow you complete and unprotected access to the internet. Try to connect after you've done that if possible, then report back.

Keeping the computer in the DMZ is risky so you should disable it after you have tested.

Upvote 0