• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Theatre of War

probbaly becuase of this issue - just change the screen res as above

Just letting people know that I have told some of the mirrors to update their current demo with a slightly "tweaked" new version that I am currently uploading. So whats new in this version? It no longer tries to start the game in such a high-resolution (1680x1050) by default and I also have it prompt to install a special video codec so the small intro movie and end game screen properly display.

If your already playing the demo with no issues there is no reason to get the newer version, but those were easy fixes to make and not many mirrors had picked up the file overnight so I wanted to get this one out before the morning rush.

This newer demo will start appearing in about 5 hours but I doubt you will even be able to tell which version you get until you run it. Like I said, the differences are superficial.

Madmatt

Upvote 0
I changed the squads around and got the Panzerschreck guys in at the start. I also got the StuG IV, a Panther and the Jagdtiger then too. I held back the first wave with those tanks and two PaK40s. I eventually had to fall back across the canal. Then I got the King Tiger which was instantly disabled at the top of the hill. However, the gunner was still alive and he knocked out about 7 tanks and must've taken like 100 shell hits to the front of the tank. Really amazing that it stood up to that.

Panzer IVs are useless. It's like asking to die.

Upvote 0
I changed the squads around and got the Panzerschreck guys in at the start. I also got the StuG IV, a Panther and the Jagdtiger then too. I held back the first wave with those tanks and two PaK40s. I eventually had to fall back across the canal. Then I got the King Tiger which was instantly disabled at the top of the hill. However, the gunner was still alive and he knocked out about 7 tanks and must've taken like 100 shell hits to the front of the tank. Really amazing that it stood up to that.

Panzer IVs are useless. It's like asking to die.

ahhh the quality of Krupp steel :cool:

Upvote 0
well, that is not very surprising is it? the good folks at Battlefront cleaned it up for a world-wide release (Battlefront made the world famous, and highly renowned Combat Mission series, discussed in this forum in other threads). different standards, you know? ;)

the game is a WWII realism fans dream. especially if you like tanking/tanks. no more silliness, and un-historical results, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0