• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bolt Rifle Only Weekend

JackSparrow

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
Hello RO players,

The Conclave Community will run the bolt rifle only server this weekend. Bolt rifle only weekend will start on Friday 20/4/07 at 19:00 CET and ends on Sunday at 19:00 CET. Server is located in Europe, London, 28 slots.

Any suggestions about which maps should be on the list are welcome.

Hope to see you there.

-----
Server IP: 212.187.247.172:7757

Just what my relationship needed - a second honeymoon with the old stock maps.

I'm mostly looking forward to Odessa and 'krovy- I hope they will be included- and Basovka would be good too- if a maybe a little harder for Russ without the arty.
But these are obvious choices- I hope you guys take the opportunity to try rifles with maps like Rako and even Hedgehog- they would at least be interesting, and may well turn out to be excellent.
Even if they did not work perfectly as they were, you may inspire conversions which address the problems- like adding people carriers or adjusting time limits for example.

I have always believed that as long as you adhere to RO's strenths of setting and realism, attempts should be made to experiment with gameplay ideas that are not the norm- you might find completely new was to enjoy the game, and inspire further innovation.
That's the future of Ro I'm hoping for.

Good luck this weekend- glad it's a server local to me.

Upvote 0
I can't believe I'm saying this, but you should add a close in, CQB type map to the list.

As a rifleman, I normally dislike CQB maps. But a CQB map with ONLY riflemen would be a blast. Bayonet action ftw!

Agreed! On Friday nights, We run Grey Ghosts of War (with no pistols) with 32 players. Man what a blast! The banter on TS is priceless.:D

Oh, and once...JUST ONCE...I'd like to play LesKrovy (sp?) with rifles only.

Upvote 0
Oh yes I remember my days on the CoD Bolt only serers and my phenomenal kill/death ratio that only a few people could beat (mostly clanners).

Here's the maps I want:

Leningrad
Warsaw
BuroKampf
Kaukusus
Lazur upd
Koitos1944
BeachAssault
Smolensk Stalemate
Kurland
Kolno
Wateverovko
The one with the threes objectives the last one being the town Church, the second being a train station and the first being ahouse insanely hard to get by the Germans.
Zhitomir
Mittelwerk
German Bunker

Upvote 0