• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steel Panthers: World at War

CaptRio

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Is anybody into this brilliant turn-based Tactical game? It hasn't the best graphics (far from it actually) but it's gameplay and realism are superb.

What is SPWaW?
Steel Panthers: World at War is a tactical level, World War II era, historical wargame. This is a very highly refined version of Steel Panthers III, placed in the Steel Panthers I game scale. We used Steel Panthers III since it was the most stable version of the game engine yet created. The original game series was designed by Gary Grigsby, Keith Brors and Joel Billings. SP:WaW is a hex based, top down view, alternating turn ("I go, you go" or IGOUGO) game design. SP:WaW also includes a timed play feature, giving each player a specific amount of time to conduct his turn before it ends and his opponent's turn begins. Armor, gun and vehicle units are represented by individual icons. Each infantry squad can have up to 25 men in it. Machine guns, mortars and artillery units are also realisticaly portrayed and crewed. Each hex represents 50 yards (meters) of the virtual battlefield, with many new terrain features added. Each game turn represents a few minutes of real time, and games can last from a few turns to entire campaigns.

YES, it's Totally Free!
SP:WaW is an entirely free game! All you need to do, to play the game, is download and install the files. It is 100% complete and ready to go. If you are looking for some new scenarios, opponents or just to chat with other SP:WaW fans just use the links on the side to join our forums, or to visit some of the web sites created by players like yourself. Yes, all these services are free as well! Now you know why we say this is the best Steel Panthers... ever

heh, I've been playing this game since it was included on one of PC Gamer magazine's demo disks, haven't been playing it all that often recently though, partially because of a sound bug involving any ambiance noise ceasing as soon as the sound of water moving or something burning plays. it may not sound all that important, but trust me, after a while it gets real annoying.

Upvote 0