• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wobbly ironsights?

if you are resting your weapoin, or have a bit time to adjust. It shold be deadly accurate. But that you can shoot a milissecond after you leaned around the courner or while standing up. Well that should be reduced a bit.

Usualy you should not be able to shoot around the courner at all with a large weapon like a rifle... but for gameplay its ok i think

Upvote 0
yes i agree with this!

i think is strange: you make aiming of weapon and at first is very still! very good aim so fast! but then it does start wobble after seconds. this is backwards i think!!! should START wobble then get slow then stable. yes? so more time you use to aim more good is aiming. less time is used for aiming then less good is aim.

That's more true if your weapon is rested, but not if you're shooting offhand. The idea is that your arms eventually get tired so you'll wobble more.

Upvote 0
I don't like that the iron sights are so static, unless you walk.
Thy should have a slight delay when you look around, misalign a bit when shot and leaning.

AFAIR CoD1 had such thing (don't remember, haven't played for a while)

even better would be the free aiming ironsights Armed Assault has now, like it was in the old Infiltration mod for UT99

Upvote 0
if you are resting your weapoin, or have a bit time to adjust. It shold be deadly accurate. But that you can shoot a milissecond after you leaned around the courner or while standing up. Well that should be reduced a bit.

Usualy you should not be able to shoot around the courner at all with a large weapon like a rifle... but for gameplay its ok i think

With the rifles in game, and at the distances we are shooting in game it would be very easy to make those shots holding onto the real rifle.

If have had the opportunity to play around with real versions of the rifles we use in game, you'll find no problem whatsoever with the sway, aim or getting to sight fast.

The rifles in game, when aimed at targets within 50 metres, the range in which most of the firing occurs is just as easy in real life.
Perfectly plausible. The natural "sway" you have when aiming in real life is modelled in game with the sway when your rifle is not braced. Up close it wouldn't have as much of an effect because you can still get the sight on the target. As your target becomes further away, that sway gets magnified and you really need to brace the rifle.

As for shooting around corners, it's actually not all that hard, in fact it helps keep the rifle steady. Right side is easier if you are right handed. The only problem I have with the lean in game is that the rifle actually clips THROUGH the wall or windowsill instead of having to be repositioned or moved so you can actually crouch or lean back.

Upvote 0
Adjusting aim in Iron Sights?

Adjusting aim in Iron Sights?

So, when you move the mouse left and right, it first moves the front sight off center before your body moves slightly, or reversed like dragging the front of the gun? That sounds real, for it would be a natural inclination for the gun to pivit between the brace hand and the trigger hand as you line up a shot, and as you move left or right for that pivit to be opposite, like dragging the front sight into position or pointing the front sight towards the enemy while the rear sight drags behind, and then adjusting with the mouse until the brace icon turns white?

Interresting idea to me too. Slows down immediate targeting, lagging the set up slightly for a true shot position.

Upvote 0
I dont know how much guns weighted in WWII but guns in general are not more then afew kilos and nowdays even less sometimes
try holding a broom in "ironsight" or a weight and see how long you can hold it streight without moving it left and right
there shouldnt be too much sway, maybe here and there if the guy needs to scratch his nose
but to move it left and right like that as if he has parkinson? I dunno

Upvote 0
I thought on this a little more, and noticed while I play in IS, that if I want to take a look around, just lift my eyes up on the monitor, that that would be akin to having to re-adjust my sites... almost like running while crouched, you could click a button and then move your mouse off center to look around, then, unclick the button and you slowly move back to sighting, or click a mouse button while holding the move off site button to bring your gun to the new location.

I also believe as you move the gun while aiming down the site, that the tip drags behind your movement slightly, then adjusts as you line it up. IR that is.

Or, the tip goes past the stop point depending on your technique and stance. Like fluid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think he is talking about reduced accuracy or additional sway. He just wants the rear sights to "lag" behind the movement of the front sights.
It would be great to see this because it makes the weapons appear more dynamic. Even if its just a litte bit. CoD1 looked fine with it.

and it would remove the under-1-sec-around-the-corner-super-shots against machineguners.

Nothing against the fact, that well aimed rested shot from a rifle, kills a machine guner, its the "super fast" shots from pixel distance that really ****.

Upvote 0
I dont know how much guns weighted in WWII but guns in general are not more then afew kilos and nowdays even less sometimes
try holding a broom in "ironsight" or a weight and see how long you can hold it streight without moving it left and right
there shouldnt be too much sway, maybe here and there if the guy needs to scratch his nose
but to move it left and right like that as if he has parkinson? I dunno

both the K98 and MN91/30 are about 9 lbs empty (8.6 and 9.5 lbs, respectively)

a broom is not really a good stand-in for a rifle, it weighs less and the weight is not distributed the same, rifles have much more of their overall weight in front of your supporting hand than a broom will, making it much harder to hold the sights aligned

also, holding a broom in "ironsights" can't properly simulate real ironsights because you don't have any real reference points to align, certainly none as small as actual ironsights, unless you've modified your broom :p

Upvote 0