• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno_Beta2

FlashPanHunter

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2005

Alright, I've got a second beta of Kolno ready, a rather long time since the first one, but here it is. There are quite a few changes, the most important ones being graphical changes and movement of the spawns. It should be easier for one side to win the map now. Reinforcements have also been increased. Any and all feedback is welcome, I'm ready to do a quick update if need be, and I hope you all enjoy it.

DOWNLOAD

(Temp link until MO wants to let me upload it)

I like it, will try to have a go on a server tomorrow. One thing I noticed though is some levitating flowers at the Soviet Line. Its quite obvious as you head to homestead.

RedOrchestra2007-03-3003-31-24-29.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll need to give it a go some time next week. I'm not quite sure whether I like the lighting changes or not, judging from the screens. Still one of my favorite maps, glad to see you're continuing to support it.

I did the lighting changes to try and make the map a little less 'happy.' Let me know what you think after some ingame time.

Upvote 0
Whoops on the floating stuff, I think what happened is some of them were accidentally in a group that was not showing, so I missed them in the pass. Seems like most of those little glitches are around the trenches, I'll go through this area again and get it cleaned up.

Anyone had some playtime on the map though? I've been trying to find a server to get a couple of rounds in, but to no avail. I'm ready to do a quick update, but I want to address any gameplay problems, reinforcements, classes etc that there might be, not just a few terrain fixes.

Bot pathing is not really compete, it doesn't connect to the moved spawns. I'll fill in the paths in the next version so bots function properly.

Upvote 0
Sorry nothing positve but hopefully constructive.

Sky box seems low Res, very pixelated.

Still a few bugs/errors from the first in there, like the hole in the brick wall as allies go to Homestead where the top brick on the right you can see through. The really annoying wall/barrels you can lean on but can't shoot through, or just a tiny bit high to lean on crouching and to low to lean on standing.

Also some of the floaters and leaks are a bit on the sloppy side.

I'm sure all of the Server Admins (including me) would gladly run a pre-release test for you for your next Beta so we can spot these things if that would help?

The draw distance of the grass is also really annoying as it seems to pop up in front of you at a range of 20 feet!

No positive gameplay feedback on the changes from the the players yet but it's early days and I promise I'll return and make some.

I no this sounds a bit moany, but as TWI staff Flash, and the quality of Beta1 (where we expect issues), you have a high standard to maintain. It takes time and skill to make maps, which you obviously have in abundance, and for that I take my hat off to you. It's just painful to see the errors when we have waited so long for Beta 2.

Never the less thank you for this and all your future endeavours.

Upvote 0
Just played it for the first time online. The map plays 10x better now imo because of the increase in reinforcements, but theres some new problems:

Some graphical errors which have already been pointed out

Quite often you can't spawn as allies - once you stop spawning all you can do is change teams to get back in the game or reconnect.

The map was won twice in a row by axis. Teams seemed quite equal skill/teamplay wise..will have to play more to see if it is unbalanced.

People were complaining about FPS issues..for me its fine though..no different really to old beta.

That new hedge by the mill cannot be shot through and feels very unrealistic, especially at the top where you can actually see the enemy's heads but you can't shoot them.

New reinforcement levels really help to allow people freedom to attack when they want, but maybe they are too high now? We were left with about 40-50% left each time iirc. Better to have too many than too few though so maybe its ok as is it.

Upvote 0
map looks great but why do you have to always change the usual classes ??

3 MG ?? 1 is far enough for each side, more kills the gameplay specially without sniper.
No pistol nor nade ? how can they do ?? they are weak enough at Close range.
No sniper ?

You should keep some usual classes with usual stuff. They are made that way because they are equal . snipe kill MG, commander use smoke, etc...

I like the map but this annoy me really.

Another thing is the trenches near Allies spawn. I don't see the point. If it's for cosmetic maybe you should add some obstacle to walk over ; if you miss your jump you have to find your way out into the trenches and that's not really cool.

ps : why did you change the skybox, even if this one is cool, the last one was awesome

Upvote 0