• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

impossible to turn off VOIP??

Nm

Nm

Thanks a lot man, I'll try that tonight. It's interesting though if it's considered a special feature or some type of bug...
Anyways Cheers

I don't know about ROOST but in Red Orchestra if you modify the redorchestra.ini and make the Voice line 0.00000 it truly turns it off. Also, if you make the number of chat lines 0 you avoid messages too.

Upvote 0
Hello
I'm having trouble turning off the VOIP in ROOST. I unchecked the 'use VOIP' in the settings, and the config file has it at 0, but I can still hear the VOIP when I play?

Am I missing something?
R.

Don't know why you'd want to turn off the VOIP. Even if you don't want to speak, it is VITAL to the teamwork to be able to hear what the team is doing and planning. Otherwise you are just going to end up being a lonewolf, which isn't very helpful in this game.

Upvote 0
couple of reasons mate

couple of reasons mate

Don't know why you'd want to turn off the VOIP. Even if you don't want to speak, it is VITAL to the teamwork to be able to hear what the team is doing and planning. Otherwise you are just going to end up being a lonewolf, which isn't very helpful in this game.

Well I do agree that people should not turn it off, but still there are cases where they might have to.
For example, on a poorly admined server there could be some 13 year old spaming VOIP with racial slurs (happened to me recently) or more commonly for technical reasons (i.e. slow connections).

Personally I'm playing on my laptop with a stolen wireless signal, and would rather have a bit higher ping than VOIP in game.

Upvote 0
Well I do agree that people should not turn it off, but still there are cases where they might have to.
For example, on a poorly admined server there could be some 13 year old spaming VOIP with racial slurs (happened to me recently) or more commonly for technical reasons (i.e. slow connections).

Personally I'm playing on my laptop with a stolen wireless signal, and would rather have a bit higher ping than VOIP in game.

The VOIP in game doesn't affect your ping that much. And as for those 13 year olds spamming with garbage, if you find a regular good server with good admin, they don't last long.

Upvote 0
The VOIP in game doesn't affect your ping that much. And as for those 13 year olds spamming with garbage, if you find a regular good server with good admin, they don't last long.
Well I don't know how the VOIP is implemented in RO, but usually it does make a small, but never the less significant change in ping on low speed connnections, from my experience at least.

~Cheers [spring break ]

Upvote 0