• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm VingTor. I've been playing RO: O for about a week now, and I just love it. This game really is the best one I've ever played, so thanks to all you guys who made this possible - and thanks to all you guys who keep this valuable community alive. (I haven't been around for so long, but I've already learned a lot from different threads in here).​

See you on the battlefield, I just need some more offline practicing first to get to know more of the maps.​

Upvote 0
not sure if i ever did this;
i'm formerly pinball_wizard, now SAILOR_MERCURY. i like to shoot guys at red orchestra because it's a very good game. i like to watch anime and be a gigantic nerdy kid. i don't really play any other games. my time is split between playing my six string loaded with the power of rock, red orchestra, my terrible part time job (i'm a young boy of 17 i live with my mommy tehee), and sleeping 12 hours. i quit school because i'm rebellious and filled with angst and teenage anger. i don't post here much, it's usually something to do in the last hour before i go to sleep. i feel i can shoot best when listening to some the who, acdc, rush, or the shins as i play ro. thnx for your time. o yah, and i've been playing since about a day after it was released in stores.

Upvote 0
New Body for the Fodder

New Body for the Fodder

Rag-Doll here... Found this game on a back shelf in an office depot, discounted, and said, WTH, bought it, love it. Nice to be here, and ready to die. If I shoot you by mistake (team) sorry in advance, you all look the same at 500 meters out without a scope.

Let the bodies hit the floor!

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. My name is Hassun and I will be able to play this game in the near future (I ordered it online, stores around here don't sell it anymore). I have been loosely following this mod (Well, it's not a mod anymore is it?) since the UT2004 version. However, I have only recently aquired a gaming class computer. Soon it will be time to catch up on all that time lost...

I am also happy to announce that I have next to no sense of nationality or race. Therefore I shall not stack a team based on my convictions or feel the need to benefit anyone based on nationality or race. The only thing I'll always be compelled to do is use the class/gun nobody else is using, no matter how much better I am with another gun/class. This 'problem' occurs in nearly every FPS I play and will probably show up here too.

RO is known to have a strong community and I hope you will accept my participation (eventually).
May we happily shoot the bloody **** out of each other on the virtual battlefield!

P.S.
I do have a question:

1) I ordered the normal version of RO (not special edition), how much will I have to download (updates, maps, etc.) to get up up to speed with RO as it exists today? I ask this because I'm under a severe E-traffic limit, preventing me from making big downloads.

P.P.S.
In case you were wondering: I have a serious fondness of blood, especially when it comes out of tear ducts or the eye area in general. I hope this does not bother anyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Guys

Hey Guys

Hello everyone. My name is Dayle and I'm a new programmer at Tripwire...I guess, technically I start tomorrow, but that's a minor detail ;) Anyways, I'll definitely be in contact on the forums...I like to keep in contact with great communities like the one surrounding Red Orchestra and Tripwire. Nice to meet you all...and I promise to make the wait for the new game worth every second :D

-Dayle

Upvote 0
Lol so TWI will have 2 coders now!?!! RIDICULOUS.

Good to have another one on board.

And hassun Idk, there are servers like Sniper Group that only run noncustom maps so you can play on those. Check around places like maporchestra the name of the polish one escapes me... and see if those files are too big for you. There are only a few customs that get played in my experiacne though. Like Gorlitz, Zhittommir, Smolensk, Enemy At The Gates, Orel, Black Day in July, etc. Depending on the file type, 7zip will be the most compressed at like 1~2mb a piece uncompressed a map is 3-7 mb. I have no idea about the updates though since it's handled by steam.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. My name is Dayle and I'm a new programmer at Tripwire...I guess, technically I start tomorrow, but that's a minor detail ;) Anyways, I'll definitely be in contact on the forums...I like to keep in contact with great communities like the one surrounding Red Orchestra and Tripwire. Nice to meet you all...and I promise to make the wait for the new game worth every second :D

-Dayle
Yes, we're doubling our programmer count! And we're on the hunt for MORE! So - I'm in the office, but you aren't? Late starter or something?? Oh yes... I'm in the LONDON office... ooops :)

Welcome this man, people - you'll start to see his work as he comes up to speed!

Upvote 0

-Dayle

bloody hell... I think you are one of the most welcomed members of this forums ;) looking forward to outputs of your work!!!

GL&HF :)

Upvote 0

-Dayle
I wish you good luck and great success :D

Upvote 0

-Dayle

Welcome Aboard!! Congratulations on joining one of the very best Programming Teams, TripWire, in the gaming world.

Best of Good Luck and Success to you! ;)

Upvote 0