• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Nice C96.

People, you need to remember that in WWI they had what you called Volley sights for rifles. This allowed them to shoot volly rounds at long distance in hopes of hitting troop concentrations. Similar to artillary. Volley sights were common on WWI and pre-WWI weapons. Not sure if that applied to pistols but I would not be surprised if it did.

That's a good theory, i've also haerd that they kept the 1,000 graduation as a bit of a sales pitch, you know 'look what our pistol can do!' sort of thing :p

I won't be having hot meals for a while but it was worth every penny. Looks even better for real

Where those Greek mausers manufactured in Greece or under contract? You taken them to the range yet? Never had a shoddy mauser yet so they'd go ok :) how many rifles does that make anyhow, you've posted a fair few in here!

Upvote 0
The Greek mauser is an M1930, made for Greece by FN between 1938-40, it was a pretty small contract, 25000

I just got it in on Monday, so I haven't shot it yet, I'll prolly get to the range this weekend though.

yeah I've got 12 now, and 1 on the way, looking to buy another one soon, I'll take a group pic when the 13th arrives :D

Upvote 0
1941 Sako M39 "PUOLUSTUSLAITOS" marked.

41PLSako.jpg

mark-1.jpg

Upvote 0
the other part of rifle collecting... accessories... just got the bayonet for my M1944 spanish mauser

M1943_bayonet.jpg

on the rifle
1946_Spanish_M1944.jpg

a good example of rarity having little to do with price... as it's obvious it's a clone of the K98k bayonet and we know how common they are and how much they sell for... these are a bit harder to find (only ever seen ONE on ebay most ebay results under spanish bayonet are CETME bayonets and the occasional M1941 bayonet) found one guy who had a few and at a good price ($35 plus shipping for mine)

Upvote 0
nice, I've never heard of an M1944 Spanish mauser before, only M1943

looks great though

M1943 is closer to a K98 in design... bent bolt (though straight bolt is also correct) 98k style front sight sling swivels on bottom and side with the rear being a bent bar sticking out from the side of the stock

M1944 has a K98a-ish style front sight, it's sling attaches tot he side only with a cutout and screwed in bar like the K31 for the rear all are straight bolt and they were used by the air force ... also unlike the M1943 they were undated

also most M1943 rifles were fitted with a bayo lug adapter for use with the existing stockpile of 1893 style bayonets and the M1941 bayonet

Upvote 0
M1943 is closer to a K98 in design... bent bolt (though straight bolt is also correct) 98k style front sight sling swivels on bottom and side with the rear being a bent bar sticking out from the side of the stock

M1944 has a K98a-ish style front sight, it's sling attaches tot he side only with a cutout and screwed in bar like the K31 for the rear all are straight bolt and they were used by the air force ... also unlike the M1943 they were undated

also most M1943 rifles were fitted with a bayo lug adapter for use with the existing stockpile of 1893 style bayonets and the M1941 bayonet

Wow, I had no idea, learn something new every day :cool:

Upvote 0
i plan to... i also plan to get more pics once my sling and frog arrive... from bulgaria (might be a week or 2 on those)

i also got a finn sling with the M95 order because my VKT M91 seemed a bit naked without one

and i got a correct frog for my K31 bayonet in the mail today... so if anyone needs a frog for a Stg57 bayonet i have one

Upvote 0