• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

I read the text (but the scrennies are bit of a distraction;)).

Some guys in the german ArmA community spreading the rumor (its a rumor for me) that the next patch will optimize the view distance how they got the impression I really don't know. Kinda weird guys.
Ha, now I'm intrigued. How do you interpret what I said? The most reasonable deduction to take from it is that the feature being shown has been implemented/fixed, and thus would show up in whatever the next patch is. I don't see how it could become a "rumor" when it is basically confirmed already. :confused:

Upvote 0
I thought I recognised a few names from the BIS forums :)

BTW I thought the first mission I'd play would be easy as it is listed directly after the BootCamp missions. However its fooking hard!! and apparantly (might not be true) its set for vetran difficulty o_O

I might try some of the other missions coz I'm dying very quickly in this one :|

Upvote 0
Ha, now I'm intrigued. How do you interpret what I said? The most reasonable deduction to take from it is that the feature being shown has been implemented/fixed, and thus would show up in whatever the next patch is. I don't see how it could become a "rumor" when it is basically confirmed already. :confused:

I 'll better shut up because obviously don't know what I'm talking about. (Kettch happens :eek: )

EDIT: The comments under your post confused me and also this german guy who put a load of s**t on me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Erm not yet I'm still looking at the keyboard for all the damn keys :eek:

Its how should I say, comprehensive, to say the least.

Got a joystick ?

I've been at it for a week, the only mission I've won is the convoy attack.

Now I'm doing MP (on LAN) with AI bots to learn the ropes.

Its a good game, which ever way you look at it.

Don't like the tanks.

RO tanks rule !

Thanks for the Tanks.

Upvote 0
You know I said I was having probs with the first mission "Blood Sweat & tears"?

** Potential Spoiler Read @ your own risk **

The strangest thing happened the other day, loaded up from a previous save game for another spawn die session, took a slighty different route, all my AI buddies got killed as normal, I took out a coupla APC's, ran away and hid then after some time an AH64 swooped down and destroyed the remaining T72's and the was map over and the cut scenes started to roll.

The funny thing was that the cut scenes showed all my squad and vehicles that had just been destroyed all happy and cheering liberating the airfield as if they had just been reincarnated.

Following on from that we had to find some dude shot down in a copter. I tried to keep up with the AI dudes but they sprinted off, the AI guys had a two second fire fight and hey presto mission complete! WTF!

Also during the copter map I had what looked like a DOS box with a “division by zero” error message all the way through. Aborted and tried the map again but got the same bug, shame.

Upvote 0
This sort of thing should be posted over at the Bis forums.
You would be helping them.

Blood Sweat and Tears was developed for the 505 edition by 505,I believe !

The truth is that the game has its faults.

A great game in the making !

Try adding -maxmem=512" in the desktop shortcut command line.

what would this do?
i just got Armed Assault yesterday, and it runs pretty well on my 1,8 ghz :p i dont even have to turn a lot of stuff down :p

Upvote 0
I have:

AMD 64 3200+
6600GT 128MB (500MHz core 640MHz Ram)
Asus A8N-E (nForce4)
2 GB RAM Dual Chanel
160GB IdeHDD 250GB SATA

I have downloaded the demo and I get abolut 3-10 frames per second. Its a Slide Show.

This ****s as I really liked OFP:R on a celeron 433 64MB RAM, 4MB ATI RAGE2 OnBoard Video HP Computer (read: Crap) - I got Ok/playable frame rates. I then got a TNT2 32MB card which improved things significantly. I then upgraded to a Athlon 1800XP,512mb RAM , GF4 ti 64 mb card which ran OFP:R real well.

Armed Assault was to be my next purchase, it came out in Australia in the last couple of weeks. I wont be buying it cuase I wouldn't be able to play it as it stands.

Is there a difference that other ppl have noticed in the frame rate/ performance between the demo and retail versions? Is it just the demo that is crap?

Is there a patch that fixes this?

Do other ppl with a system similar to mine have crap frame rates in the retail version?

Some feedback would be great as OFP"R was my favorite game for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have:

AMD 64 3200+
6600GT 128MB (500MHz core 640MHz Ram)
Asus A8N-E (nForce4)
2 GB RAM Dual Chanel
160GB IdeHDD 250GB SATA

I have downloaded the demo and I get abolut 3-10 frames per second. Its a Slide Show.

This ****s as I really liked OFP:R on a celeron 433 64MB RAM, 4MB ATI RAGE2 OnBoard Video HP Computer (read: Crap) - I got Ok/playable frame rates. I then got a TNT2 32MB card which improved things significantly. I then upgraded to a Athlon 1800XP,512mb RAM , GF4 ti 64 mb card which ran OFP:R real well.

Armed Assault was to be my next purchase, it came out in Australia in the last couple of weeks. I wont be buying it cuase I wouldn't be able to play it as it stands.

Is there a difference that other ppl have noticed in the frame rate/ performance between the demo and retail versions? Is it just the demo that is crap?

Is there a patch that fixes this?

Do other ppl with a system similar to mine have crap frame rates in the retail version?

Some feedback would be great as OFP"R was my favorite game for a couple of years.

The latest patch should have some impact, as you can turn off the grass completely. also, turning off shadows helps a lot.

But then, except the GeForce 6600 your rig should be quite okay to play it. You should get a 256 MB Geforce 7whatever for reasonable prices now.

Upvote 0