• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

OK - I am guessing the 2 loops at the business end are for different settings, like one for square-bashing and one for combat deployment (like crawling around and stuff). It's not really important, I was just interested and thought someone might be able to explain it to me.

I am not aware of any rivalry between mods/addons and anyone who knows about these things can tell you I spend a hellacious amount of time on these forums. So either I am being very thick and insensitive, missing all the subtext of a lot that is going on that I do not know about, or, most likely of all, this talk of rivalry between mods is just that: talk.

I am aware of things such as our use of Tankman's mortar model and DH's use of some texturing stuff I gave to Exocet which suggests that there is probably more co-operation between CC and DH than most people would realise.

As for Lone Wolf - I suggest you get yourself involved in working for a mod and get a real grasp of what being involved in such a project is and means before throwing around your cheap, nasty and ill-informed BS opinions.

Or alternatively, just die. Either one is good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Time for another mole guys, then I promise I will let things get back on topic:

Hairy-tailedMole-1-Out_of_snow_hole.jpg

Upvote 0
i asked at chacha.com, the search enginge with human searchers about the 3 loops at the springfield. all i got was a link to a review of the springfield M6 scout survival rifle that didnt help me at all. when i asked "are you sure?" after i was told that my "rest assured the best results" i was kicked for "exploiting"...

Upvote 0
I have no doubt the model is accurate but why are there 3 loops for the carrying strap?
The loop closest to the muzzle isn't for a strap. It's called the stacking swivel and it's used to hook several rifles together into a sort of teepee. That swivel is actually split and not solid. I didn't find any pictures of stacked rifles with a quick search but I found the following page with a good picture of the stacking swivel.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/1903/rifledisassemble/index.asp

Upvote 0