• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
You have to remember most of it is a flashback of sorts, told as a story by the one Spartan. Imagine someone telling a story of what happened back then, how a tall man suddenly became a giant, or how someone who slew 20 enemy suddenly slaughtered over 100 etc. All of this told on the eve of the final battle by the entire Spartan army, a year later than the battle that took place at the pass by the 300 Spartans.

It suddenly seems more real even though we know some of it is not. Still a great movie. :D

Upvote 0
300 ****ed. period.

hoplites wore armour, they weren't bare-chested.
I didn't care for the monsters at the beginning but when I saw one resembling a cenobite (Butterball from Hellraiser)... my appreciation of the movie fell instantly.
what was the point of having a teen strip?
also, according to the movie, the persian army was a colony of lepers (remember when the persian soldier's mask is taken off?)
it was also boring. one of my friends fell asleep during the fighting sequences, after the (insert astronomical number)th persian soldier is slaughtered.
I can only ask you why you went to this movie if you wanted realism? SEEING AS IT IS NOT BASED ON REAL EVENTS, IT IS BASED OFF OF A COMIC BOOK. IT NEVER SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT IT BEING REAL, IT DOES NOT EVEN SAY "INSPIRED BY".
sry for caps but some people need to get it through their small brains wtf is going on.

Upvote 0
No movies are a very realistic representation of "reality", have you noticed in movies no one ever seems to take a dump? Me neither, and I don't need to see it to enjoy a good story. :p

Officer Rammathorn said:
"Do you know how fast you were going?"... Licence and registration.
Driver said:
Yeah, sure.
Officer Rammathorn said:
Did you say "yeah sure?" or "yes Sir"

Driver said:
I meant to say, "yeah sure Sir".

Punk said:
"I'm Freakin' Out Man!"

Officer Rabbit said:
"You are Freakin' out... Man"

Upvote 0
I can only ask you why you went to this movie if you wanted realism? SEEING AS IT IS NOT BASED ON REAL EVENTS, IT IS BASED OFF OF A COMIC BOOK. IT NEVER SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT IT BEING REAL, IT DOES NOT EVEN SAY "INSPIRED BY".
sry for caps but some people need to get it through their small brains wtf is going on.
Thats the problem, noone who would prefer a realistic movie is saying that they want a movie based on a comic book to be realistic, talking apples and oranges... Those of us that prefered a realistic version are simply saying that when the movie was made, it shouldve been done in a realistic style, and NOT BASED ON A COMIC BOOK!
/end rant

Upvote 0
I know, which seems odd to me. Is this comic really popular, because(aas Ive said previously), Ive never heard of it before this thread, but Im not as big on comics as I used to be. Still, I do search for some good webcomics now and again, so Id think that itd show up in a "comic" search if its popular.

Upvote 0
I hated The Patriot. There is no way that Mel Gibson is old enough to have fought in the American Revolution...sooooo unrealistic!!!!WTF!

300 rocked. Sure, some of the stuff bucked against what I know happened historically, but I can tell the difference between a historical documentary and an action flick.

And heck, all you people saying it convinces people wrong facts about what happened...then use this opportunity to enlighten them. When they talk about the movie throw in an "actually blah blah blah..." like I did when my dad asked what was different about the movie and what we know historically.

Upvote 0
And heck, all you people saying it convinces people wrong facts about what happened...then use this opportunity to enlighten them. When they talk about the movie throw in an "actually blah blah blah..." like I did when my dad asked what was different about the movie and what we know historically.

QFT. I've been doing the same.

Or, as someone else said it, if nothing else, this movie will get people to get off their butts and learn about what happened for themselves.

Upvote 0