• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Inside the Reichstag

Raggie, shat eet u slaaaag (in a Cockney barrel of monkeys accent) :D

Meanwhile, back at the topic, where will you get references for the interior of the Reichstag? - there must be some plans somewhere.

silence you cockey fool! :cool:

anyway actually on topic i thought about this map many a times and have looked for plans of the building but failed miserably but i hope you have some luck because this map would be excellent if it were made.

Upvote 0
i dont really know what that site is about on wich i found the information. but i find nothing disturbing myself. unless you call this
the last of the Germans laid down their weapons, after fighting bravely defending the Reichstag from within the building, after the Soviet breach, about 24 hours earlier.
There was no shame in this surrender because the defenders of the Reichstag, as an Alamo, had bought time for Berlin as a whole
nazi propaganda

its the only part in the entire quote that puts the germs in a better light then they deserve.

Upvote 0
Pfft... Of course the Germans and other Axis soldiers fought bravely, against impossible odds during the war or otherwise WWII would have been over fairly quickly :rolleyes:. Still it didn't "buy time for Berlin"... it only lengthened the cities suffering. However it was a German "Alamo" in that the defenders knew victory, however small, would be in vain. They simply defended the building out of a mixture of patriotism, fanaticism on the part of the Nazi soldiers who tried to save Hitler's regime and a sense that they had nothing to lose. To them a defeat meted out by the red army was thought to (and often did) mean death and/or torture for the citizens of Germany and the soldiers themselves. Yet please don't make the mistake of thinking that every German soldier was a Nazi. By that time in the war many Germans who supported the Nazi party became disillusioned. Many never supported Hitler's regime but where simply patriotic Germans but many where also dedicated Nazis. Niether the Germans or the Soviet peoples where all robots who followed their leaders blindly.

Anyway a Reichstag map would be unbelievable. Apprentley the Germans turned the old building into a fortress during the battle for Berlin. MG's in the windows, snipers, probably mortars and plenty of panzerfausts (though it would be difficult to fire them in a closed space). Needless to say they fought bravely (and/or fanatically) to defend the Reichstag, a building that was already gutted by fire in 1933 and not used as the seat of power for Germany since... still it was a monument to the German reich. The Soviet soldiers had their work cut out for them and they too fought bravely to take the landmark. :(

A map of this would be brutal.... not to say that's a bad thing but grenades going off would be a staple of the map not to mention the circumstances of it's historic symbolism. Then again RO is based on a bloody war. Ahhh the aesthetication of violence. Good thing we are all adults who know better (hopefully)! :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, the guys who defended the RT were brave and desperate. they locked themselves up in a building that the entire russian army wanted to capture! not to say that they had no possible way of retreating, since all the exits and windows were bricked up. the fight of the RT was more a matter of principles and symbolism. many russians died while trying to plant their flag on top of the RT, simply because stalin had ordered that the flag had to be on the RT, by the end of that same day!

Upvote 0
what is the goal of doing a whole building like reichtag whereas the fighting wasn't so important compared to other site...
I mean, soviet just open a breach to be able to put the flag on it and they even not wait the total of the building ...
Pavlov's houses or even stalingrad urban fight was a real building fighting ... whereas berlin is more a street fight ...

To them a defeat meted out by the red army was thought to (and often did) mean death and/or torture for the citizens of Germany and the soldiers themselves.
the german soldiers was saying, after the turning point, that they fight against ussr just because they didn't want to see the atrocities they did in the east to be committed by the soviet as vengeance in their own land.
On this point of view, germans are "lucky" that soviet didn't reproduced it and their vengeance was limited ( most of the soviet atrocities have been done by uncontrolled troops like new soldiers recruited in the partisan or occupied country )

Upvote 0
what is the goal of doing a whole building like reichtag whereas the fighting wasn't so important compared to other site...
I mean, soviet just open a breach to be able to put the flag on it and they even not wait the total of the building ...
Pavlov's houses or even stalingrad urban fight was a real building fighting ... whereas berlin is more a street fight ...

yes the reichstag had no strategic value, it was a symbol.
its comparable to the stalingrad battle, but on a smaller scale.
just like for the reichstag, stalingrad was more a symbol then a strategic area.
the germans had no strategic advantage in holding on to stalingrad, it was military non-sense just like the reichstag.

Upvote 0
the flag have been set on the top of the reichtag only by a small groups of men which has prevent fights with german troops.

The fact it is at the very end of the war (and consequently capture)and soviet put the flag over it without waiting for his full capture , destroy the symbolism of the fight of the reichstag.
It is more a nazi symbol rather than a war symbol like what was the pavlov's house for the turning point of the war ...

do the germans have something similar to the US's National archives?
like most of the nation
http://www.bundesarchiv.de/

Upvote 0