• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Looking for a Clan

Spong

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2007
Hello everyone :p

When I bought RO I played it a fair bit, though not as much as I would have liked due to the fact I was studying at uni. Now that I have a job, my free time is my own and I have the time to play more I feel its time to join a clan that I can actual participate in and increase the enjoyment of the game for me. I'm pretty much fed up with public servers filled with gung-ho lone wolfs, control freaks and noobs. Don't get me wrong, some public servers are great (Splat and The Wild Bunch spring to mind as my favourite regulars) but none are free of the elements which can degrade gameplay for the rest of us (by their nature- they are public afterall so any random can join). Public servers make tactical coordination very difficult so you never feel part of a cohesive team or a larger fighting force and I feel this is an element that missing from the game, for me:(.

I'm looking to join a clan that has a strong emphasis on cooperation, coordination and tactical team gameplay. I think ideally I would like a clan that has frequent clan-only matches in which the members are divided across the allied and axis teams and that on occasions arranges matches with other clans, I'm not particularly interested in league stuff etc. but I am willing to participate if necessary. I'm not interested in the OTT types of clan where if you can't make a particular match you get an earful or where you have to roleplay all the time and be really serious.
While I have a keen interest in military history and historical realism and would enjoy a clan that upholds these elements, I am not too bothered about it for RO and think overall fun through the use of effective tactics and cooperation should be a priority over utilising real world organisation. I'm not bothered whether or not everyone in the clan has designated roles or are placed in specified squads under specified command, either way is fine. I guess you could say I'm looking for an easy going clan :cool: but one that likes to develop good teamwork and that creates interesting group tactics.
I enjoy being part of a team and taking orders, I don't mind commanding but I wouldn't say I prefer it, simply that I can do it when necessary. I think I am quite tactically minded. I mainly play a rifleman but I am keen to learn MG and sniping when available and I enjoy the ocassional foray into tanking in any role required.

By the way, I am British so if you were wondering what time zone I'm in that'd be the one :D.

If anyone is interested in recruiting me then please let me know either on the forum or mail me at [email protected]

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks to anyone who replies.

-Spong out.

We IcM are still looking for members :) http://www.icm-clan.com/

Currently We're playing on The EFO realism campaign, The RO:Ladder and the RO:Ladder Wintercup.

EFO realism league means you only play 1 side for us always allied and with your buddies you play 1 map everytime for 8 rounds with 1 life per player. Feels normal for most cod mohaa and cs players. I dont like it that much becauses its more about killing than capping objectives :p

Then there is the RO:Ladder and RO:Wintercup.
Here you play with everything stock, both sides of every map, and every clan can pick 1 map for himself. Because there are respawns there usually aint a big fear of death although a win is still really important. In this way of playing you mainly play about tactics becauses you cant really win with just killing you need to cap objectives with virtually unlimited enemies.

Both are fun for different people. We're an open clan and really active. But you only have to play when you can or feel like it. Were openly structured and dont even have ranks or even clanleaders. Everybody if they want ends up arranging matches adminning servers etc. Or take command of a certain match whenever they feel like it.
So everybody is equal and everybody gets thesame.

Matches/ Friendlies start at around 8pm gmt and usually last for 1 and a half hour.

And suddenly i'm underlining text :mad:

Anyway, why wont you register at the forum and end up having a chat on the vent server to see if you like us and we love you :).

You'll see that alot of the icm members on this forum love the clan with a dedicated passion that should give you some info on the merry bunch that we are.
Bloody underline

Anyway give us a shot :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would be good to meet you on vent Spong, we're looking for someone to join us with a dafter name than Zetsumei :cool:

We're a fairly new clan to RO and as such many of the maps are still awaiting our tactical consideration (ie we dont know what we're doing on them:cool: ) but we muddle through, f you are tactically minded then your input would be welcomed.

Oh and thanks again for the recommendation Hunter, we must get together for a scrim soon:)

Upvote 0