• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hello,

Although justanoob, I have to say that the new wave of games/sims which emphasizes the Eastern Front, Has brought to light Combat Battlefields, to which many brought up in mostly Western Military History have now come to appreciate. Although I realize that this is 'just a game', the men (and women), frenzied fighting, and Battlefield scale are occurences which we will probably never see again. (somewhat Thankfully)

Kudos and thanks to Tripwire and their brother companies for making us more aware of the History that was happening on the other front and for making and contiinually refining, a game which we all enjoy.

:cool:

Upvote 0
Hi There. I've been playing on and off since RO:OST was released on steam and finally got round to registering on the forums. I may have played with some of you, I've seen some familiar names on here whilst lurking, and just figured I'd say a quick hi to everyone on the board, so, er, "Hi".:D

Hiya!! Welcome to the participating side of the RO forums.. enjoy!!:)

Upvote 0
Gooday!

Gooday!

Hello,

I played the trial weekend of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 and i fell in love with this game.
But then the trial weekend ended, so i saved some money and thought by myself i have to buy this game, i tried to buy it trough paypal. Got loads of problems.

Then i just went looking for shops where they sell Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, now i finally found one. Im going to buy the game in 2 hours.

So people that feel like playing this fantastic game with me, please add me on Xfire.

Xfire ID:
Code:
alexgtaforums
And to the guys who are responsible for this game, i would like to say you did a great job! Keep up the good work!

Alex aka 0verThere

Upvote 0
Hello; Guess I can introduce myself with my first post. I decided to pick up RO on a whim and a friend's recomendation. Tried the practice and found it to be silly, loaded up a multiplayer game and was absolutely blown away.

Amazing game, and I am so glad I bought it. I started online FPS with the old Delta Force games and have moved up since then. Frankly, this should be the standard for historical FPS.

I'm an Ohio born Hokie; love history and the study of said subject, thus the game is perfect for me. Now, once I get off work, I'll go on home and try to figure out how to die less.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

Bought the game a couple of weeks ago, and though I only registered today I have lurked around the forums for somt time now, and I'm pleased to see there is an active community of regulars here!

I want to thank the vets who remember that they themselves have been a green recruit one day, and be nice to us new guys (until the Commissar is confident enough that he can shot you on the spot for cowardice :D )

"If you will not serve on the battlefield, you will serve on the firing line!"

*gunshot*

Have fun and see you around or on the field! :)

CC

Upvote 0
Hi, First I would like to say that I have never played this much (or ever) multiplayer ever since I've been gaming. So really I am an n00b. I normally play single player (off-line) by myself. Games that I enjoy are; Splinter Cell, Hitman (all), F.E.A.R, basically any FPS games . I am highly involved in a website named overclockersclub.com. I am a forum moderator & the Lead News Editor. I find it stimulating to learn from others on how they solve problems. Things I hate are spammers, flamers and just plain baby sitting some kids that like to cause chaos in forums. . Back to RO.

Believe it or not I found this game on a clearance rack at a Target Store! Knowing not what the game was or ever heard of it, I bought it for under $10.00USD. I love the tactical part of this game. I also like games that you have to 'plan' to execute a mission without being detected. I find it a thrilling experience. I am finding RO rather difficult for me. But in time I will get better (That goes without saying). I came here to read, read & read. I need to learn more about this game. the major issue I have is AIMING! (RE: The difficulty I have in this game) Man..This iron sights thing is a VERY new thing for me. I get very frusterated when I can't even kill an enemy that is close enough that I can see the grin on his face. But, as I said I will get better.

Things that I like about this game is LEADERSHIP and communication in and during the game. When I join a game and I hear chatter from teammates on what's going on and directing is VERY helpful to me. So if I hear this during a game I tend to stay around in the game longer. It's very irretating when the server is full and no one is talking. Anyways, I am going to keep reading and practicing. Any advice is greatly needed concerning good tips on game play/shooting/aiming etc is very much needed.

Last I hope you all welcome me as a dependable, respectful and a true gamer who loves to learn from others. I am going to be around for awhile so you'll have to get used to it.

*EDIT* BTW...I go by 'Psycho_Active' in ANY server that I game in. Hope to see you around!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the major issue I have is AIMING!

Glad you like it. Aiming imo is best learnt by using the Bolt Action exclusively. You learn everything you need to know in the game the best by using the bolt - hip shots (how and when to), iron sighted shots (leading and making your 1 shot count), nade use and sneaky kills with the bayonet. Its hard to start with but IMO once you start feeling confident with the bolt action all the other guns are much easier to learn. If you start playing with the smg's and semi's then you don't really learn to aim so well and will just spam shots till the enemy dies, because 1) you can spam shots and will probably get some kills (but won't learn anything), and 2) because of the lack of accuracy even if you are aiming its not as obvious which shots were the good ones. You'll end up a much better player by using the bolt as much as possible imo.

Anyway some tips for aiming with a bolt:

As you probably know shots take time to hit the target so you shoot infront of the enemy. The faster he's moving and further away he is the more you have to aim infront, but its not very severe. Your ping might determine how much to shoot infront too.

For longer range shots were the enemy is probably not being too random you should lead your gun infront of him a bit to get your shot just where you want it and then shoot. Another way is to place the gun sights in his path and then shoot just before he goes into your sights. Both these ways minimise any fast mouse movements and makes it much easier. Its not like CS where you aim and click as fast as possible. You usually have plenty of time to take on your shots (at longer range). If hes not moving then just point and click the top of the sights on him. There is a little dip but its hardly noticable

When close range you don't really have time for iron sights usually - you will waste time (if its an smger or semi he will hip shoot you before you get the sights up). So ideally you don't want to fight up close, BUT you have to at least risk fighting up close to get in capture zones. So what I do is take regular hip shots even at people that I could safely iron sight - just for practice. Eventually you will at least have a 50/50 chance against smgers and semis at close range.

Always put on the bayonet (and only use the default bolts). Up close its V useful after taking your hip shot, but only really advisable against other bolters or people that haven't seen you yet, but even then you should just go to iron sights to shoot him if you can because he could hear you breathing. So either charge and hope he doesn't turn around (hold sprint and your melee button down and release just before you reach him) or go to iron sights. As a bolter you should have your melee button easilly reachable and prefably a mouse button (because you need to be able to manuevre a lot while holding the button down.)

Theres more but probably too long a post already for this part of the forum :D

Edit: forgot to say you need a high resolution to compete in RO imo - at least 1600 x 1200 - so you can see the little pixels at long range. If it means lowering the graphics quality its worth it imo. And turn HDR bloom off! It just makes everything harder to see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0