• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 Bayonet?

ya hear that custom mappers, ready.......set.......GO!

I will!!

*BANG* (Starts running)

This could also be done by just setting the Axis or Soviet troops to spawn with enemy weapons instead, and just explain in the Map or Unit description that the Axis or Soviet unit is using captured enemy weaponry.

Upvote 0
Because we expect you to capture the SVT yourself :p

A decent answer, but there's a problem with that. There's a difference between scavenging for weapons mid-battle to improvise, and capturing a weapon and using it as your own. My understanding is that the latter happened far more often. A lucky German would find an SVT, see its obvious advantages over his Kar98, and keep it. He would clean it and maintain it and use it as his own service rifle, not as a quick fix which he would dump at the end of the battle. The Germans even gave the SVT their own name and issued an operating manual for it.

Upvote 0
A decent answer, but there's a problem with that. There's a difference between scavenging for weapons mid-battle to improvise, and capturing a weapon and using it as your own. My understanding is that the latter happened far more often. A lucky German would find an SVT, see its obvious advantages over his Kar98, and keep it. He would clean it and maintain it and use it as his own service rifle, not as a quick fix which he would dump at the end of the battle. The Germans even gave the SVT their own name and issued an operating manual for it.

Yea, let's name our weapons so we can personalize it. That's a cool idea

Upvote 0
if someone uses the idea of scoring 1 point whenever he brings an svt back to spawn, keep in mind people will have to be rearmed there. also to me it seems easier to kill 10 enemies and thus score ten points in a fight with an svt than running all the way back for just one point. if everyone was busy running back to spawn, who

Upvote 0