• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Desolation mod (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)

Overview
A total conversion for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Set in the heart of modern-day battlefield, Eastern Europe.

Desolation is an infantry-based combat game that encourages the use of teamwork to formulate strategies to achieve objectives and targets. Our aim is to create a realistic tactical shooter using the latest X-Ray Engine technology. This includes a new type of gameplay, stunning visual effects, and various elements that will recreate a realistic combat experience.

Desolation directly puts you in a post-modern conflict between Russia and the United States, the birth of the final showdown that is long overdue since the end of the Cold War. Fight intense battles throughout Eastern Europe to regain control of economic and strategic interests in the region while in the desperate struggle to avoid a nuclear war.

Key Features

• 5 playable classes, with customizable style system
• Choose from 25+ infantry weapons with realistic functionality
• Squad-based action gameplay with a high level of realism
• Dynamic day & night shift on the battlefield

Thanks to DraGGon2k for let me know this existed! ^^

The first work on the things that don't require the game or the developing tools.

Which is roughly about 80% of all the work they put in mods.

That 20% is importing, debugging, tweaking and bughunting.

ohwowul8.jpg

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3: the AS/VSS render was intended for forum access only, but it's ok, this time. :)
Whoops. ^^
Zell said:
Forgot to say my opinion on the mod. It looks very average, like every other action mod out there (ex. strike force).
LOL.

If that was really so, I wouldn't even think of liking it. :D
And I am not suprised that just-another-action-mod gets bashed here in the God of all games' forums. :rolleyes:
Well, ain't that the truth. :/

Upvote 0