• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Zhitomirrevenge_beta1

Drecks

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2005
The Netherlands
==================================================

Zhitomirrevenge is the winterversion of the Zhitomir 1941 summer map.
This version is situated november 1943. More then two years has passed
and the tide turned. The Red Army started a fierce offensive to hunt the fascist out of Russia.

In this version the Soviets has to attack and hunt the Germans out
of the city of Zhitomir. The map has more destruction and a different capsequence.
Need to add more destruction and cover so work to be done. for next releases.

There are 5 objectives:
The Russians have to cap the first two objectives in order to open up the
three last objectives. The first two objectives are. Both are recapable.

- Warehouse area recapable
- Cerkovi Park recapable

Once these are capped the last three objectives will open up.

- Komsomol apartment No recap
- 1917 Monument Park recapable
- Ortskommandantur
No recap

known issues :

= Some snow peeps into buildings.
= Some terrain is visible inside. (have to clean it up)
= Must find some sort of interval in the howling Katushya sound.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Besides me against the BOTS I didn't test this map at all. Previous map testweekend announcements
didn't have the desired result. I would thank anyone who did showed up back then, but
decide to do it different this time and just release it in the wild and see what happens.
So info about the playabilty is needed in order to get a better beta 2 out of the door soon.

Thanks Drecks

Download file

Map now runs on :

ro2.after-hourz.com

p.s.

Knowing me it might be possible i screw something up.....

Screens

New shoot position to overlook the 1917 Monument objective.
It is situated in the houses at Kiev Prospekt.

w8.jpg

New custom signt telling the Ortskommandantur (Garrison HQ) is situated
in the former Krasnaja Apartment.

w9.jpg

Defending the Warehouse area. Which is in use by the Germans as a
depot and repairshop.

wz1.jpg

Covering fire out of the Komsomol Apartment.

wz3.jpg

Defending the 1917 monument park against the Reds.

wz4.jpg

Last edited:
I have only gotton to play this one twice (as Russian). The first round I entered the map late and the Germans whooped the Russians. Didn't seem to get past the Warehouse. The second round, the Russians managed to get the Church Park and ended up winning from there. Hard to comment on gameplay. It still seems a bit disorienting coming from version 1941 to this. Lots of fun though. The map looks great and I like the damaged and the newer areas. I really hope to get to play this one some more! :)

Upvote 0
Happen to play this ona filled Russian Corbina server.
Nice experience to hear all that Russian on the VOIP
Still they didn't told me what.

"Smerte Kupantam" one of the taunts means :) :) :)

The map needs gameplay tweaks for sure. It plays nice but not good.
I will possibly make the endgame for one non recap and two recapable objectives. But let the community speak.
Meanwhile i work on more atmosphere and ruined stuff....

I know it's expensive but this time i will try to wait for all the gameplay related feedback/suggestions

@ Mike did you try it on a full server and another server ? Cause gameplay really needs to be tweaked
The Allied 1st spawn area as an example.

Upvote 0
Drecks.... Yes, I got the chance to play it on a 26 player server.... and it was a blast. I also played it on our server... with 10 players - tons of fun. I try to enjoy the maps. After all, isn't that what its all about??

For me, the map is fun... the Russians do not always win and the Germans do not always win. This map allows the player skills to decide the outcome.

Upvote 0
Played 2 rounds as Russians on a server with about 28 players.
Allies won both times with a few minutes left. The major conflict spots were getting out of the warehouse and the apartment courtyard at the end. The courtyard battles were pretty intense as we were thrown back a couple of times. Takes a cordinated rush and MG support from the apartments to pin the Germans back. I liked that it took some tactics rather than a CQB SMG fest.
It was also fun going into a building you remembered from Z41 and finding half of it blown up!:D

More feedback as I play it.

5 cents please.

Upvote 0
Obvious by now I like it when a team needs to think and coop to win a map.
Allies need to think how to get out of the first spanw and objective while the endgame needs coop to. I will try how it works when the attacking team needs to cap both the 1917 park and Krasny Apartment. So make them both recap.

@ KH Reese Prepare for more destruction in the other apartment. The Krasny apartment.

@ Nestor Makhno Cool I would like to know more translations of the taunts.

Upvote 0
Off the top of my head, all I can remember is that there are a lot of references to snakes (Gadi) - unfortunately they toned down the rather 'colourful' language of the original.

In the original some phrases were pretty strong and some absolutely meaningless - amongst Russian RO players there used to be a lot of references to the infamous phrase "V Bobruisk, Zhivotnoye", or 'In Bobruisk, (a small, relatively insignificant town) Animals!" and speculation as to what the voice actor was smoking when he came up with that. All I can say is he was definitely having a laugh.

I'll post something about the current ones in the sounds forum - mebbe this evening.

Upvote 0