• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VISTA messed up RO

defaye

Feb 11, 2007
In short, Vista is having huge troubles with RO.

my error message

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2213 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

i dont know what to do. I deleted local content and allowed it to redownload, but it doesnt start up. it started doing this when i changed the video driver in CONFIG from "direct 9.0" to "software"

now RO doesnt even start.

but what happened before was even more lame....

i did this change because in Vista , RO only ran in windowed mode.... whenever i went to config to change it to fullscreen, the game would crash. whenever i tried changing the res, the game would crash.

this lead me to my current problem when i tried changing the video driver. now i dont know how to revert my changes because the game doesnt even open. i am in a complete pickle, and have no idea what to do.

right now im extremely angry at Vista... i want to be playing my lovely game again... but i need some help with that. if possible, i request a fix for Vista, because it really is screwed with RO.

bugs ive noticed where the scenery sort of comes in and out of existence sometimes... not extreme, but slightly annoying. just doesnt work as flawlessly as it did on XP.

any help?

please dont tell me to go back to XP, or ill gut you.

:D

Last edited:
it doesnt work at all. i was using xfire, but i figured it might be a problem, turned it off but it still didnt work when i tried to change settings. until i changed the video to software the game wont start up at all.

i keep getting error message

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2495 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

i dont know if theres a way to delete the config file, where ever that is?

Upvote 0
i deleted redorchestra.ini and the game worked. when i tried changing res while xfire on the game stopped working.

i close xfire started again change the res and made it fullscreen as well and both worked. however, it doesnt stay fullscreen when i restart RO again, and i ahve to go through same process of configurations - fullscreen [X]

i dont know if anyone else is having this problem with vista, but i cant seem to get it to start up in fullscreen

Upvote 0
Just click on the opening screen (with the German in the city ruins) and it will open in full screen.

Also, if you click anywhere else, even once after you go to open RO, it will automatically open up in a window, as it thinks you are trying to do other things....

I have XP, and that is how I have always done it....

"with the German in the city ruins"? what?

also , i have Vista

Upvote 0
"with the German in the city ruins"? what?

also , i have Vista

The opening window, fills up about half your screen, shows up right after steam goes to launch RO? The one that shows up before the screen with the big Tripwire logo? You don't get that?

Oh, and the XP thing was just so you know it happens in XP too.

****edit good luck!

Upvote 0