• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation How to rig guns for R O: Project M1 Garand FOr Darkest Hour: Normandy 44

hey guys i was wondering if someone can make me a tutorial on how to go about rigging guns for R O well or atleast a nice screenie of a rifle so i can see the joint set up, then i can take it from there. for what you may ask well is so i can rig this up Need it done for our pilot release :D.

m1garandmedia10rz1.png

m1garandpeepholehs2.png

m1garandmedia4eg2.png

m1garandmedia9zg7.png

Wish I could help.
Im trying to get into modeling things but the information is a bit scattered and confuseing I hope someone makes a "how to model exculsively for RO" (this would make things a bit easier) page or a druleing moron's guide to modeling. as Im quickly finding the entire thing frustrating and overwhelming.

-Anyways nice job on the M1 Garand!!!!!-

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only suggestion I can make is to open a stock rifle in the SDK animation window and bring up the bones and links. screen shot it and save the screen shot so you can open it up as a reference guide. This way is hard to tell the exact location of the bones but gives you an outline of which bones you need and the area in which they are located.
Play the animations and get an idea what the links are and what you need to animate to get your rifle like the stock ones.
This is what I did for the tank that we are trying to get in game and it worked fairly well.

I know that it isn't a tutorial but it was the only way I could get the info that I needed for the tank. Hope this will help if you don't find any good tutorials.

Upvote 0
Animation

Animation

I know our lead animator has shared the actually source files for the animation rigs for some weapons and player stuff with some of the RO Mod teams. So like I said, PM the poeple I listed above for stuff like that.

And then please post what you learn here so we can all benefit from it.

Upvote 0
Ramm thanx man Well so far i have some one rigging the gun I had gotten a screnie from the Kar 98 rig on SDK. and i had rigged it that way the only issue i had was that in maya i cannot animate the guns because they need to be animated with the player arms. and those are max file character rigged arms and in maya i cannot import that in, so now i have someoen re rigging everythign in max and he is using a Trip wire rigging tutorial so all is good. if he runs into any troubles or has any questions for sure i wil email the people you mentioned above .

Upvote 0