• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
baseball.jpg

Any sport that has this as it's second Google picture hit is questionable.

I'm only kidding. Baseball is amazing on the Wii!

Upvote 0
verry funny all this, but could someone tell me what sport you are talking about? american football??

give me REAL football, all you need is 2 people and a ball. use the neighbors wall as a goal, and the match is over as soon as you break his window! then you go WTF! OMGZZ quick get back inside and act normal!!

Upvote 0
Don't be sad that you cannot hit a 95+ MPH Fastball, or a 90 MPH Slider... most people can't. ;)
Dunno I have never swung at a baseball going that fast, but I have batted in the nets with the bowling machine set at 160KM/h (which is just under 100MPH and I didn't have a helmet on either) and my mate on the end slowing down one of the side rollers occasionally to produce swing. Or tilting it down to give me a bouncer, or up to produce a yorker (which is where it bounces right at your feet and is very hard to play). Oh my that was fun, you basically just have time to react and that's it, you play a defensive stroke and if you middle it the ball rockets off.

FYI, I am talking about cricket here, a much more challenging sport than baseball to play, considering as a batsmen you don't have to just face a few pitches, you have to maintain concentration and stay in for a protracted period playing a variety of balls (maybe 100's). All the while the fielding team is constantly shifting the field to try to get you out, not to mention it's all punctuated by sprints up and down the pitch. I used to bat at 1st drop (ie. first wicket down I come in) in B grade and bowl a bit of fast-medium pace. Hitting a ball on the full is a lot easier than playing it off the bounce, especially when it's cutting off the seam :p

I went to an ODI on Sunday and watched us beat the New Zealanders (and enjoyed a lot of beer) looking forward to the world cup this year, we're going to win it!

Better just stick to mindless homo-erotic gay sports that any bone-head can play, like rugby and wrestling. :p;):D
Rugby? Rugby is lame and even more boring than American Football, it's for NSW rednecks and Queenslanders, I agree totally with you on that one. Aussie Rules on the other hand, now there is a good sport, fast paced, skill demanding and tough.

Is it just me, or were those the worst Superbowl commercials evar? :confused:
Luckily over here we don't get the commercials at all, instead during the break we have some American bloke talking about the game, who's doing well, tactics etc.

I actually watched about half of the superbowl, I usually do most years, it was on in the morning here and I was eating breakfast at the time, as always though it was pretty boring :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0