• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank VS Taxy

lol that vid's so old you're justified putting it in the History section. Dunno if it's already been posted or not already but meh. :p

Wonder why they put 30 rounds into that car BEFORE crushing it with the tank. Waste of ammo anyone?

P.S. It's 'taxi' not 'taxy', just helping you to improve your English :)

Upvote 0
So....you can't steal the wood, but by god they can crush it with a tank! And yeah, WTF was with the shooting? Uh..el oh el?​

And man...youtube.com comments section: where people who failed the political science program at the community college go to 'get their smarts'.​
I get a laugh out of reading those comments posted in those tapes of Americans being hit by IED in Iraq. I tell you there are a lot of angry people out there.

Upvote 0
The thing that annoys me more than a little bit too is like the guys are stealing bits of wood. Bits of bloody scrap wood! Dit it ever occur to these stupid ****ing grunts while they were having such a great time trashing these blokes country that they just might be looting wood because they have no electricity, gas or anything and it's the only fuel they have for cooking, warmth etc etc. Or hey maybe they're even using it to try to repair something that was blown up or damaged by the fighting.

I mean sure if you catch them looting valuable property and such, yeah punish them, but it is ****ing wood! Even if it's someone else's wood you could understand how desperate the situation is.

Also the soldier saying the kid should be in school, how preposterous was that, they've just collapsed this country and he thinks the schools are running.

Upvote 0
The thing that annoys me more than a little bit too is like the guys are stealing bits of wood. Bits of bloody scrap wood! Dit it ever occur to these stupid ****ing grunts while they were having such a great time trashing these blokes country that they just might be looting wood because they have no electricity, gas or anything and it's the only fuel they have for cooking, warmth etc etc. Or hey maybe they're even using it to try to repair something that was blown up or damaged by the fighting.

I mean sure if you catch them looting valuable property and such, yeah punish them, but it is ****ing wood! Even if it's someone else's wood you could understand how desperate the situation is.

Also the soldier saying the kid should be in school, how preposterous was that, they've just collapsed this country and he thinks the schools are running.
This is what you get when you put a 17-20 year old in charge of peoples lives, and a 60+ ton tank. Especially youngsters who have been shot at.

Proof positive that the job of the USGI is to fight, kill, and destroy stuff not be a neighborhood policeman. They really do need real Cops over there, people with maturity and good judgement, a person that has a wife and family of his own who can understand the peoples situation.

The guy reaming the father about his kid being out of school is not too bright. The first time I saw this program on Frontline, it left a bad taste in my mouth, and I also figured the wood was a necessity for heat, sterilization of water, and cooking.

Upvote 0
this video was clearly taken in an early stage of the war, because now american soldiers wouldn't dare to stand in a street like that. without having a kid roll a grenade at them or something of the kind.

if i buy a tank and go crushing cars in a town next door, i would find it normal that they try to kill me when i show my face there again.

Upvote 0

Yeah, cause everybody knows that wood is dirt cheap in the desert, since there are so many trees there... :rolleyes:

Actually, they're fairly lucky. A lot of times, looters are a "shoot on sight" proposition.

Too much posing and posturing going on in the video though. Sheesh. Someone's a little upset.

Upvote 0
The video was taken in april of 2003 like a week after baghdad fell. You can tell by the body armor he is wearing ( spall vest, AKA chicken vest). Nothing like running a car over and BTW any iraqi with a claim for damage (destruction) like that will be compensated, sometimes much more than the value of the item, which really in turn promotes corruption and graft. Seen it, done it, been there.

Upvote 0