• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My clock is cooler than your clock

A Siemens C72 =). It is actually quite usual to note 24-hour time as xx:xx here. I.e. 3:41 am would be 03:41, and 3:41 pm would be 15:31. It would confuse me when I see a digital clock in the afternoon showing something not beginning with a 1 =).

BTW how readable are those tubes in daylight? It looks quite dim on the second photo.

I've spent time in europe and i dont remember seeing clocks like that :( of course i didn't really look at the wrist watches too closely.

the second picture looks dim because of the camera's flash

Awesome, very cool. You have now reached 'uber geek' status. Curious, how does the alarm work?? ;)

it doesn't have an alarm :)

That's awesome. Would it be hard to make it work as a 24 hour clock? :D I like the .mil time.
not that difficult to change the design, but in practice (because of the fact that the circuitboard has all the circuitry), quite difficult

Upvote 0
i chose to make a 12 hour clock. and a 24 hour clock still wouldnt say 03:30 in the morning.

what kind of watch do you have?

Its not at all uncommon on 24H watches/clocks, i've had several that allways showed 4 digits (ex: 03:30 - 15:30), and about as many that showed 3-4 digits when applicable (ex: 3:30 - 15:30).

Odly enough, my current clock shows both.. the LCD display on the clock shows 3-4 digits, but it also has a projector that shines the time onto my cieling, and that allways shows 4 digits.

Upvote 0