• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The future of 'Ost Front - will it be going Unreal 3?

Edd

Mar 17, 2006
Australia
Hey Guys,

I'll make it quick because down here in Melbourne its approaching midnight. I'm an avid fan of RO, I had never played the mod, never even heard of it untill it became available on Steam and I have to say right from the start the game, and Tripwire have been absoloutly amazing. RO is a truly great game.

Does Tripwire have any hopes for an Unreal 3 powered RO in the foreseeable future?

It would be great if you did, but I won't hold my breath - as an Unreal 3 license probably costs a fortune, and I don't think the good blokes at Tripwire have a cash reserve to rival the Knights Templar.:eek:

Anyway - Cheers Guys, keep up the outstanding work.
Ed

Just as a tiger doesn't change its stripes, it seems game developers keep working on the same types of games, come hell or high water. Examples: id Software has been making the same game since 1990 and they still sell. Same thing with Epic, Dice, and most other game developers. I guess it's just easier to build something based on an older codebase, or even build the same game with a new codebase, rather than branch out and do something completely different. So, my guess is that Tripwire's next game will be a multiplayer first-person shooter with vehicles set in World War II. I wouldn't be surprised if its an Eastern Front game, either.

Upvote 0
The problem with "new" game ideas is that those games need to sell good. Said that, the biggest problem is that publishers are afrait of loosing money ( wich is completly understandable ) So, they do the same thing over and over.
And look at the selling lists. It explains all. As long as we as gamers buy it allover and over we...well then we dont deserve it any better. But good ideas ( like WoW ) will allways atract people.

Upvote 0
A one day test cricket simulator would be nice.
Get a piece of the EA Sports "its in the game" market !

A bit like Unreals Bombing Run but with LBW. :p
What the hell is 'one day test cricket'???

It's either an ODI or a Test, but hey a proper circket game would be great, all the EA ones are just the same thing with different names, slightly flashier graphics and the same bugs that were in Cricket 99 :(

Upvote 0