• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Leningrad [Beta 5]

[TW]DrGuppy

Tripwire Interactive Staff
Nov 22, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
gupleningradpreview57sp.jpg

"In January 1942 in the depths of an unusually cold winter, the city's food rations reached an all time low of only 125 grams (about 1/4 of a pound) of bread per person per day."

Download Link: Rapidshare.
[URL="http://www.maporchestra.com/plugins/p13_download_manager/getfile.php?categoryid=10&p13_sectionid=23&p13_fileid=297&p13_versionid=483"]MapOrchestra.[/URL]

To install the map simply download the file from the link above and extract the files into the proper places.

Leningrad_Beta5.rom into your \Maps folder
GUP-Textures.utx into your \Textures folder
Weltstankskins6-7.u and .ucl files into your \System folder

RO-Leningrad_Beta5 by DrGuppy
Tank skins by Welt
[Suggested Players] 16 - 32
[Bot Support] Yes

Date of Release:
January 25, 2007.
Please direct all feedback to me by Private Message (preferred) or to [email protected]

Please do not alter the map without asking for my permission first. Thank you.

Change Log Beta 4 - Beta 5:

- Increased German reinforcements to 340 (previously 240).
- Increased Russian reinforcements to 200 (previously 180).
- Reduced German spawn times from 15 to 10 seconds.
- Reduced Russian spawn times from 25 to 15 seconds.
- Removed a few small parts of the map to enhance the flow of the fighting.
- Reduced the initial Russian spawn lifetime by 15 seconds (1:00 to 0:45)
- Reduced the number of destroyable barricades from 8 to 3. This should help the flow of the map, bot paths, TKs from satchels, tanks getting stuck, and performance.
- Moved an artillery spot that could damage/destroy the last Russian KV spawn.
- Fixed/improved a few resting heights.
- Deleted/Moved quite a few objects to make moving around easier.
- Added an extra entrance/exit to the sewers by the bridge.
- Fixed some lighting issues.
- Moved the Russian Command Bunker spawnpoint.
- Moved some text in the Axis/Allies specific boxes around to help people understand that the tanks are limited.
- Fixed some minor cull distance problems.
- Fixed bullets colliding with the barbed wire on the barricades.
- Fixed some minor terrain issues.
- Added a new access point to the Command Bunker area/sewers from the street.
- Fixed a problem where dead bodies would fall through the stairs in some buildings.
- Added some cover to the 3rd Russian tank spawn.
- Combined more building static meshes to increase performance.
- Modified the Easter Egg so it shuts off 30 seconds after being activated instead of staying up forever.
- Tweaked the bot pathing in a few areas.
- Added a broadcast message that states "Remember: Tanks do not respawn until you capture/lose an objective!" that plays once at the start of each round.
- Changed the RoadPathNode destination for the Axis tankers at the Anti-Tank Position. This was done because Axis bot tankers would often speed off before players had loaded the map and would get the first tanks destroyed.
- Moved numerous artillery spots to non-player accessable areas. They're still there for the ambiance but should kill you a lot less. And as always... you can't get killed by artillery in the capzones!
- Re-added pistols to Russian Commander, Russian and German Snipers, and Russian Machine Gunner.
- Removed binoculars from regular German tanker class.
- Moved the last Russian KV1s spawn back about 10 feet so it is closer to the last Allied tanker spawn.
- Extended the Anichkov Bridge capzone to the sides about 10 feet in either direction.
- Fixed a small glitch where you could get a Hall of Mirrors error (repeating textures rapidly) when looking through tank sights, sniper scope, or binoculars at the top of the Searchlight Building.
- Tweaked a few custom static meshes and textures.

-------------------------------------------

Hopefully this version is more straight-forward for server admins to get up and running on their servers. If not, yell at me until I get it. ;) If this version doesn't have any major problems it will be entered into Phase II of the mapping contest. However, if there are problems I'll attempt to fix them quickly and release Leningrad_Beta5b before January 31st. Good luck to everyone who is entering! :cool:

Please continue to give me feedback in this thread. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Just submitted Leningrad_Beta5 into Phase II of the mapping competition a few minutes ago and let me tell you what a relief it was! So much weight lifted off my shoulders... I even went outside! :eek:

I'm quite happy with the balance and the map in general so it looks like the final version of Leningrad is next up on the to-do list. Time to wake up from this nightmare! :p Hope everyone is enjoying the map and if you aren't, tell me why quickly because it's your last chance before the map is final.

Good luck to everyone entering in the contest and remember, deadline is January 31st 12:00 EST!

Upvote 0
Just submitted Leningrad_Beta5 into Phase II of the mapping competition a few minutes ago and let me tell you what a relief it was! So much weight lifted off my shoulders... I even went outside! :eek:

I'm quite happy with the balance and the map in general so it looks like the final version of Leningrad is next up on the to-do list. Time to wake up from this nightmare! :p Hope everyone is enjoying the map and if you aren't, tell me why quickly because it's your last chance before the map is final.

Good luck to everyone entering in the contest and remember, deadline is January 31st 12:00 EST!

Congrats, Guppy and good luck! I hope the AHz testing helped you out! I can't imagine how you held it together all these months. That is truely a massive undertaking to do such a large and detailed map. The furniture used literally makes me dizzy to think about having to add! I am looking forward to Tuesday night myself when I play to submit mine. Of course then the wife gets me to do her 'list' of fixes and bugs.

Upvote 0
I like this map- but something has to be done about the bots. Since the tanks are so precious, its almost a game breaker when they load in before the players and drive the tanks off to get destroyed or stuck on the terrain somewhere.:mad:

Yeah I moved back the spot where they stop for Beta 5 but obviously it isn't far enough. I've already changed that for the final. :)

Upvote 0
beta5 just crashed our main 32 slot server, as well as our secondary 26 slot (when I tried switching to it as an experiment in an attempt to find the reason for the crash)

*edit* they're both back up and running now - guess GameServer support figured something out

not sure if something was loaded incorrectly when I loaded up the map on the servers... if others are playing it without any issues that could be the case... but thought I should mention it

*edit* I removed it from our main 32-slot server to be on the safe side. But now Leningrad_Beta5 seems to be running fine on our secondary 26-slot server. very weird. will let you know if we figure anything out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0