• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some complains

Cnnbs

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
Sprinting...try sprinting and changing direction 180 or 90 degrees in RL without stopping or loosing speed,thats impossible.But in RO u can and makes u very hard to hit.Is it possible to limit the arc that u change direction while sprinting,say like a setup MG has?

U can ironsight while moving prone!! that is very useful,every experienced player does that...needs to be fixed imho.

Leaning is like a bug if u can rest the gun somehow,u can stay whole round leaned without any penalties on accuracy and snipe out everybody,i think resting gun somewhere while leaning should be disabled.

Tracer bullets...no tracer bullets for MGs or atleast adjust the tracers a little,no cone of fire for DP imho.Thats why MGs arent as effective as they meant to be...Try MG34 in any map and use it with only single fire mode and you will see u survive much much longer because there wont be any yellow or green arrows pointing out the poor MG guy.Btw tracers look like sperm cells or spermoid whatever it is...

CQB in RO ****,guys face it, when u see two bolt action rifle guys in a small room it looks like a cartoon when both guys miss their shots.Make melee combat a little easier,and make rifles easier to kill against opponents 5 mts away from you,i mean who misses it in reallife anyway...

Panzerfausts,why they keep on spawning,why a single infantry can carry 3 of these, like AT class and enemy tanks and engineers arent enough threat for tanks.

Is there a single map or can someone make a map that the defenders just sit and wait for attackers to come,without rushing and nade spamming...Or can someone design a map with only 1 tank,only 1,if there isnt any but i dont remember any in major servers.

Finally these complaints show in fact how realistic the game is,(no sarcasm,serious) because every other aspect of game gives the feel and look of a real battlefield and game is fun...

P.S:i am sure lots of these have been expressed out,yeah i didnt use the search button,but havent been playing about 7 months started re-playing 2 weeks ago just wanted to write these and thank you all for nice maps and updates...

Sprinting...try sprinting and changing direction 180 or 90 degrees in RL without stopping or loosing speed,thats impossible.But in RO u can and makes u very hard to hit.Is it possible to limit the arc that u change direction while sprinting,say like a setup MG has?
RO used to have a system for momentum. Not sure why it left.

U can ironsight while moving prone!! that is very useful,every experienced player does that...needs to be fixed imho.
You can also reload whilst moving prone...

Leaning is like a bug if u can rest the gun somehow,u can stay whole round leaned without any penalties on accuracy and snipe out everybody,i think resting gun somewhere while leaning should be disabled.
Been discussed

Tracer bullets...no tracer bullets for MGs or atleast adjust the tracers a little,no cone of fire for DP imho.Thats why MGs arent as effective as they meant to be...Try MG34 in any map and use it with only single fire mode and you will see u survive much much longer because there wont be any yellow or green arrows pointing out the poor MG guy.Btw tracers look like sperm cells or spermoid whatever it is...
FACT. Tracers are a big advert to your position. And do you mean tadpoles?

CQB in RO ****,guys face it, when u see two bolt action rifle guys in a small room it looks like a cartoon when both guys miss their shots.Make melee combat a little easier,and make rifles easier to kill against opponents 5 mts away from you,i mean who misses it in reallife anyway...
Easily solved with practice.

Panzerfausts,why they keep on spawning,why a single infantry can carry 3 of these, like AT class and enemy tanks and engineers arent enough threat for tanks.
Map/Balance issue.

Is there a single map or can someone make a map that the defenders just sit and wait for attackers to come,without rushing and nade spamming...Or can someone design a map with only 1 tank,only 1,if there isnt any but i dont remember any in major servers.
There are a few about, even Basovka or Odessa featuring a tank per team. Can be great funs.

Upvote 0
yeah i mean the tadpoles,cant they be made as a straight line at least..btw there is no use for tracers in RO as did in real life,they are used to show enemys location to firendlies or for getting accurate shots at log distances like 400-800 meters afaik.
So any MGer can remove the tracer bullets from the ammo belt or choose ammobelts without tracer bullets,at least it is now on modern armies i assume it was so then.

Upvote 0
I remember hearing about the momentum system but I never did get to play with it. Since I recently started playing RO:O again, I have noticed that backpeddaling is now slowed down from normal running speed. Not sure when that got implemented, but I like it. Why not the same or similar for running sideways?

It would be nice to see something done about the ability to strafe back and forth repeatedly while hipshooting though. It's one of my pet peeves about this beloved game.

Upvote 0

Your not running in a sprint. Just a fast jog

Agreed

I would lean & rest on a wall EVERY time. it's called cover & even the stupidest soldier would do it. If you can rest on somethjing why the hell would you choose not to?? NO reason.

Modern tracers don't "light up" untill 100M after firing. However i'm not sure about WWII tracer. & as for tracer only being used to sight targets...that's pure cr4p

Melee is a small part of the game but don't make any of the killing easier. I don't want an arcade game.

No tanks don't have enough threat. Look at what happens when the Allies don't have a tank & they have to rely on the PTRD. At's murder.

Cheers
Rob

Upvote 0
Your not running in a sprint. Just a fast jog

I would lean & rest on a wall EVERY time. it's called cover & even the stupidest soldier would do it. If you can rest on somethjing why the hell would you choose not to?? NO reason.

1)Thats the sprint of red orchestra,and avatars run real fast.

2)Try leaning on a say doorway in RL like we do in RO,and keep time of it ,then after you are tired try to lean back or unlean,if u aint a pro swimmer boxer or bodybuilder you wont be able to lean more than 10 secs or unlean in a sec.Not to mention u hold a rifle/smg and still precisely aiming...in short
u would lean and rest your weapon forever but u cant :)

Upvote 0
Modern tracers don't "light up" untill 100M after firing. However i'm not sure about WWII tracer. & as for tracer only being used to sight targets...that's pure cr4p

Not true. I have shot machine guns and assault rifles with "modern tracers" when I was in service, and I am pretty sure they ignite in the same "second" when they are fired. There can be no "timing" in tracers, they are very simply design.

But it is true, that tracers in game are useles, because you can not look "over sights" and they are too long and bright as it has been discussed earlier.

I would like tracers being an option. And a possibility to look "over sights". Discussed many times before though.:)

Upvote 0
Not true. I have shot machine guns and assault rifles with "modern tracers" when I was in service, and I am pretty sure they ignite in the same "second" when they are fired. There can be no "timing" in tracers, they are very simply design.

I have also fired tracers as i've been in HM forces for 21 years. An LMG from 300M. We were taught & watched the tracers light up at 100M. The instructor told us they light up at 110M & burn out at 1100M.
Found this on Google :- There are three types of tracers: bright tracer, subdued tracer and dim tracer. The standard tracer starts burning immediately after exiting the muzzle. A disadvantage of bright tracers is that they give away the shooter's location to the enemy—as an old military proverb puts it; tracers work both ways. Bright tracers can also overwhelm night vision devices, rendering them less useful. Subdued tracers burn at full brightness after a hundred or more yards to avoid giving away the gunner's position. Dim tracers burn very dimly but are clearly visible through night-vision equipment.

Not sure however if there was more than one type available in WWII.
Cheers
Rob

Upvote 0
2)Try leaning on a say doorway in RL like we do in RO,and keep time of it ,then after you are tired try to lean back or unlean,if u aint a pro swimmer boxer or bodybuilder you wont be able to lean more than 10 secs or unlean in a sec.Not to mention u hold a rifle/smg and still precisely aiming...in short
u would lean and rest your weapon forever but u cant :)

LMAO no you probably wouldn't but then again there's many things done in game to make it playable that you wouldn't be able to do. Carry on fighting after multiple hits, move position or jump into vehicles in an instant, come back to life 20 secs after you were atomised be an tank shell...should i go on?? Before you know it we'll have to eat meals, use latrines & sleep in game. The lean & rest abilities are essential to any FPS game with even a modicum of realism. There's many positions to fire a weapon & stay in cover but the game's have a fineite amount of controls & animations so they have to compromise. I think your splittin ghairs by talkin about how long you would be able to lean round a corner & fire. Do we then change the time for left & right handed soldiers??:)

Upvote 0
Perhaps they should just fix the lean function. It wouldn't be so bad if, when married with clipping issues, it didn't create invulnerable sniper positions. Try leaning around a corner with a four and a half foot long nine pound rifle. It's awkward as hell, it doesn't allow a particularly great shooting platform and it exposes much more of the shooter than depicted in game. I wouldn't shed tears if they took leaning out all together, but at least fix the bug that makes leaners invulnerable.

Upvote 0
There's many positions to fire a weapon & stay in cover but the game's have a fineite amount of controls & animations so they have to compromise.

But you are right about this havent give a thought about that...

The other stuff u wrote means not to discuss anything about realism in any game untill we get killed for real when we get killed in a game :).

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnnbs

I think even rested weapon should have some swaying (that can be hard to detect by eye)

Also agreed that ONLY AXIS AT class should be able to carry 3 panzerfausts. (Even soviet AT Class should not carry 3 PFes) Other can use only 1; Tank crew cannot enter machines with PF

Upvote 0