• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PRIORITY!!!! (well in my opinion anyway)

:(Is it just me or have i missed a trick here??
One the most annoying & constantly happening things on the RO game is the Superbots ability to kill you with one shot from the hip with a pistol whilst your looking thru a 6" gap in a sandbag from 100M away!!!!.
Can we not do something about the bots. Make them have to use ironsights for example & reduce their accuracy. It can't be that hard. Lets face it we BAN people for using computer aiming (ie aimbots) yet we ACTUALLY have aimbots running around the servers pulling off 1000-1+ shots from the hip.
People leave servers with bots in because of this & it prevents you from accurately practicing skills & tactics because you have little chance of coming out on top in a shootout unless you get the 1st shot in.
I know people are gonna come on here & call me a noob & say i must be a crap shot if the bots can kill me but barring those fools can this be sorted??
Cheers
Rob

How many of us play Practice mode instead of normal multiplayer? How many of us play on half-empty servers, which need bot-support?

I don't mean in practice mode i mean on the servers. I live in Cyprus so i'm out of sync with a lot of the more populated server time zones. So i often end up with bots. There are a lot of servers with bots & EVERY bot is the same. That's a lot of Superbots!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't think it's a priority,
Whats the difference ? being shot by a hipshooting bot or a player with a good aim ?

I think if that player was jumping up & down firing from the hip & still hitting you from more than 50M away & not taking careful aim, using his skill to kill you, you would have something to say to him. That's the difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah that's where i play. The trouble for me is my shifts. Like this morning i was up at 8AM local which is 6 Am UK of 7 CET. When i'm on nights i can finish any time during the night from 8PM till 7 AM. Lot's of servers have bots just to make the numbers up so there isn't just 2 guys roaming around a huge map.

PS cheers for that Map manager

Upvote 0
in my experience with the bots they are super accurate with smg's at a long distance, and they blow with them in close distance. i could pistolwhip a bot in CQC :p;)
but once i saw this bot running around wich was only a few pixels high, and it shot me from the hip. only reason i know it was him was cause i saw the muzzleflash, but it was a really long distance.

Upvote 0
The bots are for sure strange....

It seem they have 3 modes...
1) Miss the target mode
2) Hit the target
3) Do not shoot the target even if TOTALLY open in front of him.

It seems that it misses the target because he "wants to". Like ok, mate, you ****, so Ill miss you to give you a chance....
THen he gets fedup of missing so, it hits you just like that...

Like:
SMG example:
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrBRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRrrr Brrrrrrrrrr *HIT!*

Bolt action example:
You see the bot running.... You watch him for like 3-4 seconds.. then PANG *hit*

Non-hit example:
Bot comming towards you running... ur there reloading...
you lay down to avoid getting hit... BUT HE RUNS PAST YOU...
You turn around to shot him... PANG *your dead*
:D

AND WORST IS:

You have a happy day, jumping into your tank... and running it to your favorite postionion on Konigsplatz.... As you stand there, a IS-2 comes towards you... you turn your gun... and have a PERFECT shot...
THEN SUDDENTLY YOUR TANKS STARTS TO TURN!!!.. and you miss your shot.... The IS-2 Kills you cause a bot runs into your tank, turning its weak armour towards the enemy.....
WTF WTF WTF:....

And even worse.... You want to do some tank training... and the bot runs away with the tank, drving it into a ditch... where it's stuck....

Conlusion.... I stay away from bots..

Upvote 0
well, I live in Israel and work shifts too, but I usually can find some servers even in the early mornings that are 100% humans (in fact I set the filter to no bots- dont see whats the use playing against them).
danzig 24/7 is usually full or half full even in the wee hours of the morn.
dont be ping spoiled (as I know many of us are)- I can perform quite well even with 300 but rarley ever have to exceed 200. sure youll have some deaths in which youll know you got the other guy first but those are not the common case.

Upvote 0
I understand there's server with all humans on. My point is you shouldn't have to go searching around looking for them & suffering huge pings. I generally look for new maps or custon map servers & try to get a ping less than 200. I just feel as an integral part of the game it could & should be sorted as there's clearly a problem with the bots.
Seems like it isn't as big a problem to other people as it is to me.

Upvote 0
Thats not the point. I WANT to be able to play on servers with bots on. I just feel ithey need improving. Just saying "well don't play on those servers" isn't the answer. There's a problem which needs fixing like many others. You don't just say "well don't use a tank MG" because it's not working right. you come on here & ask it to be fixed which is what i'm doing

Upvote 0