• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO-Lazur movie

No Moz

Youtube requires anyone to totally re-encode the video to make it even look HALF decent on youtube.

Download it.

Full computer specs:

AMD Athlon 3800+ Dual Core
1gb Geil 6400+ ram
7300gt superclocked zalman cooled
250gb HD SATA II

Get 50-60fps while recording with fraps set on 60fps.

When i recorded Lazur and Smolensk each fraps file(there were 3) were 3.99gb :D

The COD project was 70gb - if you watched it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What did you compress it in thorpy?

WMV9

I'm sure the dual core really helps, since RO only uses one anyway. I remember trying to record on an AMD XP series, and it was ridiculously slow...

Ya one core deals with RO the other Fraps - You can also optimize programs to run on one core and another program the other - Like PS on #1 and Vegas on #2

Thorpy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I then use an open-source program called VirtualDub to re-encode the videos using a codec that my video editor actually understands. The codec also strips a few MB off the file size, but I leave most of the file size reduction for the video editor to handle. I wasn't able to find a very good, free, lossless codec that didn't swell my file sizes four-fold...

Just seen this.

I have vDUB but there isnt any point in it.

Most codecs i have used like DivX and XViD didnt really do much - someitmes the quality went down.

The best one i recomend is simply wmv9 codec with specific settings that optimize it - pm or msn me if ya wanna know

Upvote 0