• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Krasnyi Oktyabr tactics?

Petrol > rush to Central > BAM = WIN.

It works for clan matches, but I assure you that it doesn't work for pubs. Capping petrol first on pubs, where there is 16 people on each team is just giving Soviets more time to dig in to central and it's just a suicide. After that, it's just a torture for Germans. Soviets can cap it back easily while keeping central, it's just score whoring. It's like capping mortar first on Kaukasus, a waste of a round :)

Perfect formula for pubs should be;

Central(Full team)>Garage>Petrol

Upvote 0
hold the yards till death do you part .. if you can secure both of them and keep the germans in their spawn then yer golden, if they break out tho .. things get iffy, i like defending central myself, but if nessicary let central fall to hold petrol, however if you have a good team and can hold central till the cows come home .. then do so..

Upvote 0
Man, I didn't expect to see my old thread back on the top of the list again.

Well I can assure you all that since this thread I have been doing a LOT better with Krasnyi Oktyabr, its even one of my more favorate maps to play now that I know how to play it correctly.

Having said that, I dont believe defending Central Yard right off the bat is never a good idea on any game, clan or pub, the spawn the Axis have while Central is in Soviet control allows for too many exits for the Russians to effectively defend wihout very precice teamwork.

Since I've become good at that map I have only seen one Axis victory where Central was the first zone to be captured. All the other Axis wins involved penetrating Petrol first and driving the Soviets back into the Garage to give the Germans enough time to cap central and have both permenately secure.

My advice is to let Central go, its not worth your time, or your reenforcements, Just go straight for the bottleneck point at the front of Petrol, with a smaller group holding the bottom of the sniper building. If you prevent any Axis from entering petrol and you let central go, its going to be REALLY. . . REALLY hard for the Germans to break that defence if the Soviets know even half of what their doing. And in the few times I have seen that bottleneck defence pushed back into the garage the Axis had so few renforcements left that the Soviets had an easy time holding out.

But this is just my opinion from the games I've played, I admit that it is very possible for it to happen differently, but what I described above is what I see 90% of the time I play that map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lets take a little historical view on this map (from RO-history pov) first:
Back in Mod days... this map was missing two exits - one to Petrol Yard (PY) from axis left hand and one to Cetral Yard (CY) from right hand. This map was kinda hell for teams with weaker attacking power since Alies could nail Axis on 3 possible exits from spawn. However once CY was capped than we are getting to presence...

Today I can see that more usuall tactic for this map is strong attack on PY and than press on respawning Alies running to CY, together with attacking and capping CY.

The main argument for this is that well defended PY cannot be capped very well later. This is true in case you are defending PY against not very well attacking team. If Axis team is a little clever (and well coordinated) than they will destroy your defence on PY. It is not easy but it is not so time consuming. This is first critical moment on this map. Well defending Alies team can hold PY very long and than time is missing for attack on Construction Hall (CH).

Imo it is not important if you attack first PY or CY. You just have to have plan what to do next. So if you decide your tactic to be attack through PY and than CY, ok, but be sure you have well planed attack on CY.
If you decide to attack CY first than be prepared for strong defence and be sure every member in team knows what to do next when going to PY.

Once CY and PY are capped than we can focus on Construction Hall and Garage.
Garage in NOT important for defence (in terms you do not have to cap it back as Alies). If you think that it is important than you still need some games on this map first.

Last Critical objective - Construction Hall... easily you just need little luck to cap this. If Alies are well spread on this map, than it is Hell for Axis to get in, survive so long that you can start cap, survive first wave of respawned Alies ... survive until it is capped... Since there are 5 entries into CH than it is not so difficult to defend in 8 vs 8 setup.

This map is one of most played since mod days and than you have to expect that all will know how to play on this map. On the other hand you will see that this map perfectly shows when there is a team with good teamplay and chemistry against you... have fun :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i haven t yet read the whole 3d but, yesterday in a friendly scrim vs fullmj we (IcM) got our butt kicked by a superior russian defence; we rushed via the left way to reach petrol but they spammed nades and killed our first wave, after this we were able to advance and control the central yard and spanws changed, but from this point on we DIDN T move anymore.....they had a defence that looked like this and we couldn t do anything other than throwing nades and smokes to cover a bit our troops, but all was useless since we couldn t kill their sniper and the mg42....

eventually 1 or 2 rifles could help the sniper to take care on the right side and togheter all kept under control the garage in front of the central yard...

Upvote 0
Based on what? Clans secret handshake? ;) If it's bug in the map, it should be corrected. Otherwise as MILK wrote there are differencies between mod and RO. :eek:

in fact it is clan public handshake... we on ROLadder agreed not to use this once CY is capped. But this applies in official matches... if you do it on public can be hardly prohibited...

Upvote 0
...after this we were able to advance and control the central yard and spanws changed, but from this point on we DIDN T move anymore.....they had a defence that looked like this and we couldn t do anything other than throwing nades and smokes to cover a bit our troops, but all was useless since we couldn t kill their sniper and the mg42....

eventually 1 or 2 rifles could help the sniper to take care on the right side and togheter all kept under control the garage in front of the central yard...

I've seen fmj do a similar thing, it seems to be very effective placement. Very difficult to move anywhere once they're setup.

Upvote 0
I've done tests. By running straight to petrol you can easily get to pterol before russians. even if the russians run though garage. If you cap central first what happens is Petrol and garage are left. Petrol is Essential to cap. Petrol "unlocks" construction. If you have a hardcore defence on petrol they can never win. Allthough you can camp their central spawn exits there are 3 entries to central. Of course even if you do that it doesn't guarentee a win :p. many factors to count. I would say Kranyi is well balanced.

Upvote 0