• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design PariserPlatz-preview

SchutzeSepp

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2006
hello, this is my first map that i wil probably release when done

i call it: PARISER PLATZ! because that is how the platz where the brandenburger gate stood was called.

it is a Konigsplatz/odessa-style map, and actually it is a sequal to the famous KonigsPlatz map.

situation: it all happens in Berlin1945, it starts at the Reichstag, where the russians have to push back the germans deeper inside the city.
the most important objective is the Brandenburger Gate in the middle of the map(like the siegessaule for konigsplatz) if the germans lose the Gate they will be pushed back easily inside the streets and will end their fight in a fierce house to house fighting.

you will recognise some buildings from odessa and all the other are from konigsplatz, so all the credit goes to the TripWire team. all i did was puzzle existing buildings together.

shot00034gi8.png

shot00032zh0.png

shot00029sx0.png

shot00027co0.png

these screens will hopefully give you a taste of how the map will look like
the map as you see is not done, i still have to "dress" it with debree, obstacles, wrecks.. and do all the objective/spawn codings

any hints, advice or ideas about the map are welcome,

here is what i had in mind:
germans will be well armed, lots of semi's and stg's
all assault and semi's will have 1 pz-faust
2 tanks for russians, wich are limited in respawn, max 5x respawn?
maybe 1 captured t-34 for the german team, but no real german armor
i will hide 1 sniper rifle for each team on the map, no real sniper classes though
russians will have unlimited respawn, germans limited
no usable arty, but random arty explosions if i manage to find out how to do this
germans will have greycoats, and normal outfit
new skins? if FJ Fennich has any skins that apply for my map i will be happy to add them, if i know how :p

germans will be well armed, lots of semi's and stg's
all assault and semi's will have 1 pz-faust
2 tanks for russians, wich are limited in respawn, max 5x respawn?
maybe 1 captured t-34 for the german team, but no real german armor
i will hide 1 sniper rifle for each team on the map, no real sniper classes though
russians will have unlimited respawn, germans limited
no usable arty, but random arty explosions if i manage to find out how to do this

i see what you did there

Upvote 0
i don't see anything suspicious about the abundance of g43's and STG44's, to say absolutely nothing about 1 panzerfaust per soldier...

:confused:

abundance is a big word, there are actually 3 stg's and 3 g43's. plus the tank crews and commander will be able to pick a STG
and for the panzerfausts, only the assault class and semi class wil have 1, i think this is more realistic then 1 soldier carrying 3fausts.

if you want to go tankhunting just pick a faust from the boxes. that makes you 2 fausts, eneough to get a rusky tank out

Upvote 0
I'm curious about the original poster's username given:

Quote:
Offensive material
<cut>
Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
http://www.redorchestragame.com/foru...nt.php?f=4&a=1

case, my username comes from the combination of my in-game name (shutzeSepp)and my real name. i picked it because it sounds good and not because it sounds similar to the name of that old fool "Dietrich Sepp".
i know you went complaining about it to the admin, and i cant blame you.
but in only 2 minutes of forum browsing i have found at least 4 other users who use the exact same name as notorious war criminals and personalities. and those users were members long before me.

Upvote 0
case, my username comes from the combination of my in-game name (shutzeSepp)and my real name. i picked it because it sounds good and not because it sounds similar to the name of that old fool "Dietrich Sepp".
i know you went complaining about it to the admin, and i cant blame you.
but in only 2 minutes of forum browsing i have found at least 4 other users who use the exact same name as notorious war criminals and personalities. and those users were members long before me.

With regard to your first comment, his name was Sepp Dietrich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Dietrich). While I believe your explanation, your name omits only the last three letters. Imagine if my name was JosefSta. Of course, I could say that my in game name is Stahlhelm and my real first name is Josef.

Regarding your second, an argument of innocence based on the guilt of others is simply not acceptable. If you point out other names in violation of the rules, I would suggest that they be changed as well.

Upvote 0
if you want to make it historic correct
NO armor for the germans (NO CAPTURED T-34)
NO HIDDEN sniper rifles

I dont see anything wrong with the captured T-34, when russia attacked Berlin both sides used anything they could find for example the russians used german anti-tank guns, etc. Even the americans, brits used the german half tracks when they could get their hands on them. So there isnt anything unrealistic about it. Now whats wrong with having hidden snipers or nades, how can you say thats not historicly correct, where you there o_O ?

Upvote 0
With regard to your first comment, his name was Sepp Dietrich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Dietrich). While I believe your explanation, your name omits only the last three letters. Imagine if my name was JosefSta. Of course, I could say that my in game name is Stahlhelm and my real first name is Josef.

when i first picked this name years ago with COD, i thought it sounded good, not knowing who sepp dietrich was.
when i found out who he was, i changed to Sepp dieter (dieter being my second name) and when i made an account on the RO forums, they didnt let me use dieter, so i picked dietr wich sounds the same. i have now requested to change my name.

about the t-34, i see no problem in giving the germans 1 captured t-34, as it could have been abandoned by its crew or so, so in my first release i stil intend to give the germs 1 t-34

Upvote 0
due to the time period and location your map is taking place, it would be pretty cool to see some playable Volkssturm recruits mixed into the German side....not sure if that would be as easy as just simply reskinning the german character model.. might have to make a new model entirly inorder for them to look good

Upvote 0
xxstalker24xx said:
I dont see anything wrong with the captured T-34, when russia attacked Berlin both sides used anything they could find for example the russians used german anti-tank guns, etc. Even the americans, brits used the german half tracks when they could get their hands on them. So there isnt anything unrealistic about it. Now whats wrong with having hidden snipers or nades, how can you say thats not historicly correct, where you there o_O ?

there was NO T-34 in the Center of Berlin used by the germans, show me records where it proves me wrong

for the sniper rifles part
he wants to make like a continuing battle, that means russians pushing the germans back from Reichstag
i highly doubt a russian sniper managed to sneak through the german lines( some 10000 men bunched together in a area just a few kilometers big)

it

Upvote 0
They most certainly did. The Germans not only captured the T-34's but rebuilt them with commander cupolas and other additions.
Yes, they did, but lets think. It's battle of Berlin(pretty desperate,huh). The fresh hastily trained tank crews wouldnt have gotten the training to use foreign tanks. As germans werent short on tanks, but on crews they were.

Upvote 0